Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today i sold my 99rs and the guy will pack it up on monday but for real, i feel like my old rs more than my 05wrx:mad: i don't know what should i do? don't you guy think the 99-01 rs looks and handle better than 05wrx? i don't know which one should i keep? how much i can get if i sell the 05wrx? oh.......too headache:bonk:

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the 05 wrxs a lot. I would keep it. Plus you have the turbo!

I also LOVE the look of the GC/GFs. Whichever car you keep will be a good choice.
haha not a whole lot of help from me :D
hey let me tell you some, power means nothing, you will enjoy just enough but not too much and for real the wrx goes not that fast as you think when it's at the low rpm:barf: i can bet the rs is faster on the first gear.

· Registered
GM6
169 Posts
I would never want to part with my 2000. My opinion is that the 99-01 is a beautiful platform and I plan to put the money I would have spent on a new model into making it nimble(r) and fast. This sounds like it's the inconvenient option for you at this point.

You will love either in the long run, and I'm sure you'll always miss the one you sell.

I have no idea what an 05 WRX is worth.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would never want to part with my 2000. My opinion is that the 99-01 is a beautiful platform and I plan to put the money I would have spent on a new model into making it nimble(r) and fast. This sounds like it's the inconvenient option for you at this point.

You will love either in the long run, and I'm sure you'll always miss the one you sell.

I have no idea what an 05 WRX is worth.
yeah u r right, but the problem is my rs is 2dr:devil:

· Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs BDP
2,558 Posts
nvm. Sell the WRX. 2 liter turbo is boring. Plus no offense but a lot of WRX drivers are tools because they think they're 1337 sauce because they have a turbo. Good thing the WRX is slow as balls

· Registered
2001 Silver RS-T
504 Posts
I had an 02 wrx and loved it every second I had it. I got a boosted rs and love this car even more. It's also just about as fast as some of the sti's around an auto-x course. The only thing I miss is the 4 doors but I bought an L for that.

· Registered
18 Posts
i had a 05 wrx AP stg 2

i also have a 95L fwd auto 1.8L

i sold the WRX, because id rather toy with my 95. i replaced the wrx with a wrangler, and now i have the best of what i like. i dont think i could part with my 95 L.

· (860)
2001 2.5RSTi Coupe
1,198 Posts
lets face it. the GC is the best car ever produced in the history of cars, plain and simple. when you wake up in the morning, go have breakfast with it. and i dont mean drive it to ihop, i mean sit down with your coffee and bagel, and eat next to your car...maybe feed it some fuel injector cleaner or something. and at the end of the night, remember to say your prayers and give it a kiss goodnight.

the car deserves it. you know it. and i know it.

you cant tell me that even when a shitty L drives by, you dont look to see if maybe its a subie enthusiast driving it. we all do it.

the 2 doors are where its at, although the 4 doors and wagons also have their advantages too. either way, fucking awesome cars.

the new models are nice, dont get me wrong...but theres nothing like the old school.

· anti vw.anti rota.
2000 GF, 2012 Ruckus
8,075 Posts
lets face it. the GC is the best car ever produced in the history of cars, plain and simple. when you wake up in the morning, go have breakfast with it. and i dont mean drive it to ihop, i mean sit down with your coffee and bagel, and eat next to your car...maybe feed it some fuel injector cleaner or something. and at the end of the night, remember to say your prayers and give it a kiss goodnight.

you cant tell me that even when a shitty L drives by, you dont look to see if maybe its a subie enthusiast driving it. we all do it.

the 2 doors are where its at, although the 4 doors and wagons also have their advantages too. either way, fucking awesome cars.

the new models are nice, dont get me wrong...but theres nothing like the old school.
Thats some deep stuff there. Couldnt have said it better myself. A+ for you sir!

· Registered
95L Impreza coupe
132 Posts

i do that all the time. but yeah coming from the honda crowd and now owning my 2001 rs, i dont even look back.

· Registered
06 Outback 2.51
167 Posts
I feel the RS is the sexiest impreza produced and unfortunately we never got the classic as a turbo model. I have had my RS for eight years now and still love it as much as the first day I bought it. I originaly wanted the five speed and at the time I saw it but settled on the 4eat. I just had to have it!

In 2004 I bought my STI right off the showroom floor. The plan was to sell the rs to pay down the sti but that did not happen. My rs is my daily and the sti is the toy. By far the sti is a better car safety and performance out the box. Everyone has their own opinion of what they feel is the better car but it all comes down to what you really want or what you need at the time as sometimes we can't have both.

I would definitly feel sad if I got rid of the rs. I just could not justify spending the value of the car in parts but then again that is me. i love project cars but I don't have the time to spend on it like I used to.

I would think of which car I would least regret getting rid of. If you ever regret your decision you can always get the same car again.

Best of luck to you in whichever decision you make.

Joesph

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.