Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002, Outback Sport T
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I've put in 135k on my 02 subie and the rear driver's side wheel is wobbling. Les Schwab quoted me at ~$440 per side or ~$780 for both.

I've read around and found people quoting around ~$500 for both so I turned the Les Schwab guy down but I'm wondering if I should replace both rear wheel bearings assuming both have worn equally or if doing one side is going to be fine.

Any suggestions?

Anyone have any shops near PDX to replace wheel hub bearings at a reasonable price?

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
One side is fine, no point in doing both if you ask me. That is, if you mean do the other side of the car at the same time.

Yes that price seems very, very high. A dealer did my right rears for under or around $300 as I recall, and in fact you can probably do it for less at a small alignment shop that has a bearing press.

·
Registered
2001 STM RS coupe
3,229 Posts
Do it yourself ftw. It really isn't that hard. It cost me around 140-150 to do one side. That included parts and cost to get the bearing pressed at a shop

·
Registered
type RRRRAAAAAA
741 Posts
definately DIY. there is a really good write over at nasioc, if u want to know.
IF its wobbing like that, u probably need a hub too.. and thats proabbly why it is price at 440 per side..

·
AYVI Motorsports
White 98 Impreza/06WRX
440 Posts
I just did both rears for about $220, since I removed the hubs myself and brought them to get pressed. I bought all the parts from genuinesubaruparts.com

·
Registered
2002, Outback Sport T
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fantastic. Thanks for the feedback guys. I've seen the nazicock diy and it's wonderful and looks easy to do. Glad we have this place to prevent us from getting swindled.

·
project blackbird.
'01 RS, '81 Fiat Spider
3,396 Posts
It's definitely a good idea to do both at once. If the passenger side has 135k and isn't toast yet, it will be soon. Might as well do them together as long as you're bringing one to the shop anyway.

·
Registered
99 2.5rs
68 Posts
Shameless plug:
I have complete hubs from a 99 2.5RS that I replaced the bearings in about 6,000 miles ago. I also have complete Rear hubs from a 2006 wrx that had 26,000 miles on it.
The RS one have the parking brakes removed, But all the parts will be included.
PM me if you are interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts