Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I was at the verge of buying an RS now I'm back where I started. Here's my problem (if you want to call it that). I am one of those people who have snuck in here without even owning a Subaru yet. I am ready to buy now and I need to know what I should do.

Should I:
1. Buy a L model with super high mileage (and super cheap) and do a total tear down and rebuild. I mean carbon fiber everything. STI motor and tranny. I'd personaly like the Veilside body kit:drool:. And some nice rims.

2. Buy a RS for around $14,000 put some mods on it later and live with it.

Now would it be possible to do all of that to an L model or would it not be worth it?

I want to hear as many comments as possible. Also if anyone has any cars for sale write me at [email protected]

·
Registered
2004 Forester XTi
1,005 Posts
Start with what the RS has compared to the L that aren't easy bolt ons or cheap. You'll need a rear LSD, Front bumper/Side skirts (or body kit), 2.5/2.2/2.0 engine (or stroke it to 2.4L), bigger fuel injectors, Rims + grippy tires, and tranny(?). I may be missing somethings.

The L has less car insurance fees and tiny better fuel economy. Again, I may be missing somethings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts