Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 PSM 2.5RS
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am hoping to enter an scca road rally in the finger lakes region in a few weeks, and am wondering about tires. It's mostly a dirt/snow route. Right now I have the stock 205/55/R16's on my MY05 RS but am looking to pick up a used set of winters.

I found a set of 205/60/15 dunlop graspics with quote "2 tires have decent tread, other 2 tires are not great".

For $75 would something like this be any better than stock all-seasons?

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS-T srp sedan
2,732 Posts
any winter tire will be better over stock all seasons.

But are your getting rims as well since the 2 tire sizes are different?

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L FWD coupe
295 Posts
If your going to rally then buy new or slightly used tires. If you have older tires then you will lose a lot of grip. Go with a semi aggressive winter tire. DO NOT let anyone sell you gravel tires as those will put you in the trees in the winter.

·
Registered
2005 PSM 2.5RS
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any winter tire will be better over stock all seasons.
Even with low tread depth remaining on the winters?

But are your getting rims as well since the 2 tire sizes are different?
The $75 set I mentioned is on CL locally. Already mounted to steelies, which is why I found them attractive.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS-T srp sedan
2,732 Posts
Even with low tread depth remaining on the winters?

The $75 set I mentioned is on CL locally. Already mounted to steelies, which is why I found them attractive.

The tire compound is better for cold conditions, depends on how much snow will be on the roads when your are doing this road rally. More tire depth means more grip going thru the deep snow.

but like I said any winter tire (unles toast) is way better, and the ones you found are cheap....so use em up!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.