Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
02 WRB WRX
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i had recent work done to my car this summer buy two of my buddies,(cutting out rear quater panels rust and putting in new metal and paint.) they gave me a really good deal but once i got the car back every time i hit bumps or had more then 2 people in my car the rear wheels rubbed on turns and lil bumps. so i took the car back to them and the tried cutting out more metal on either side but told me if they go any more that theyd have to repaint and what not. The right rear side barely ever rubbed. it was mainly my back left. so the right side stopped after that. Also i had to get a new tire on the left side becuase of it digging in the tire wall.. the Sears mechanic told me my struts were bad. so i replaced with new OEM struts. much better now but yet on heavy bumps the left side still seems to rub on fender... idk how to go about this.. stiffer springs? all i can find it lowering springs? my rims are 15" 5x100's and the tires p205 60 r15..its the same size tire that came on the car when i bought it.

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
Forrester suspension will give you about an inch more clearance (raises your car though)

Saggy butt spacers would fix it, and raise your rear end by however large of one you got.
Saggy Butt Spacers | Shop | Paranoid Fabrications

You could also roll the fenders yourself, it's pretty simple (here's a DIY)
DIY Fender Rolling : The corrected bat method - NASIOC

You could also try some stock wheels. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but if the offset on your aftermarket wheel is different than stock it could be pushing them further to the outside of the wheel well. Also, i'm not sure if a 60 sidewall was stock or not, but if it's not then the taller tire could be the cause.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.