Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the VER5 dampers and springs on my 99 RS. I want to run the Falken Azenis in STS this year to replace my shot Kumho 712's. I keep hearing the Azenis run an inch wider than advertised, will they clear my suspension in stock size on the OEM wheels? I dont want to buy 2 sets and not be able to run them....damn super duty inverted dampers....but I love them too...

Help! I need tires soon....3 weeks till autocross...and I dont want to run on my snow tires.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
and I dont want to run on my snow tires.
but think of the drift potential :D

anyway, i don't think you'll have a problem but i'm not sure. i know frecks is planning on running 225/50/16 kumhos (granted he's all stock) but once again, i'm not positive that it won't rub. try calling [email protected] or something to see if they have test fitted anything. i imagine though that 205s will fit no problem, esp. on the stock rims.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Keep meposted, will ya, because I am about to do the same thing. 225's on stock rims... and I don't want any rubbing! :D

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
james-our first auto-x is the 17th. i imagine that the guy running the 225/50s will be there so i'll be able to tell you for sure whether they rub or no.

H

·
0 Posts
Dunlops seem to run a little wider than some, and the 225/50 on stock wheels didn't fit with the stock suspension. (read: didn't FIT. a little rubbing would have been an improvement...)

Oh, that's the sport 5000.

good luck

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
10th - yeah, I wanna know. I really want something wider on my car, and I'm not afraid to cut my strut housing to make it fit!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I heard there's a ~3-4 week backorder for falken azenis' in 205 55 16 and I also heard no to order from victoria tire, b/c they're lying about them being in stock, invoicing you, then no tires for 3-4 weeks.

I know a guy who runs azenis' on stock rims, but he has the kyb's with ver 5 springs. No rubbing that I'm aware of on that setup, inverted struts is another story though. I don't think the azenis' are a whole inch wider though. you're probably safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts