Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru Impreza RS 2005 Sedan
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all members of RS25.com.

I'm an Australian, new to the RS life. I recently purchased a second hand 2005 Impreza RS2.5 Sedan @160,000kms.

It came with a K&N Air Filter and an MRT exhaust system, which the previous owner whacked on it when he purchased the car (from brand-new).
After buying it I took it to Ichiban motors in Ingleburn, NSW where they proceeded to replace the headgaskets and remachine the cylinder heads, as well as replacing the clutch for me. Now as far as I used it it has been very reliable and fun to drive.

I've looked around and I know that suspension seems to be the most popular mod for the RS, but the earliest thread I can find is from 2008 and I don't know if it all the suggestions in it are still valid.
I'm totally overwhelmed with the amount of information out there and would really prefer some help from the experts.
What are some good ways to build an RS, and where can I get parts down under (NSW)?
Which brings me to my question, do you have any tips for a beginner to the RS life in Australia?

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
6 Posts
Hey Mate, im currently a P Plater RS 2005 Impreza 2.5 Owner.

I bought my car stock as a bone, but have tweaked it to my own likings.

only sugestions i can give you is becareful when purchasing parts for the same year model but WRX / STI version, as some people dont realise they sometimes do and DO NOT fit.
so look up and research pre purchase.

there isnt in my opinion to many high performance mods you can do as its N/A, but a nice sounding subaru is always a head turner.

also i gradually grew into the "stance" scene i guess you could call it, because doing the Mods my self and making the car look the way i liked it was more fulfilling than paying someone to do it.

Im also in Sydney Hills Area so if you see me driving around say hi :)
Number Plate : SU66IE

1 - 2 of 2 Posts