Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
1999 2.5RS Silverthorn
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how strict they are in LA about tint...I don't really love it when I get into my car and its like stepping into the sahara desert I was thinking about 5% in the back and 35% on the driver and passenger side

PS i'm moving to LA soon so thats why i'm asking

· Registered
93 Imperza L Ameythst
3,985 Posts
lol tint in california is like asking to get pulled over. I swear they get you for anything over there. They pull people over for basically rims cause its altered the car, lip kits are illegal, fuck if you body kit they instantly assume you are a street racer and will try to impound your car. ive read it countless times.

· Banned
www.bakemono-imports.com
2,874 Posts
Don't do it! at least not on the front two windows or windshield. As far as I know, you can paint the rest of your windows straight black if you wanted. If the front two windows have tint on them, you'll get in trouble, although you're supposed to have an actual traffic violation for them to pull you over for it. Actually, it only has to be suspicion of a traffic violation...they can pull you over and say "oh i thought you were speeding" or just "you were speeding, but i'm going to let you go and give you a tint ticket instead." People that weren't even speeding generally won't argue because they don't want the speeding ticket. I've had a buddy get a ticket for the stock OEM tint on a Cadillac. The officer couldn't see a line where the tint met the window or anything. He said "well its just a good tint job. Here's your ticket"

Enjoy Los Angeles. WHen're you coming down here?

· Premium Member
1999 2.5RS Silverthorn
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
School starts August 26th I think we should hang out dude I still haven't actually met you in person yet lol and it'd be nice to see a friendly face I have like less than 20 people I know down there. I can't believe I'm actually leaving home though still

PS I will have that wing paid off by then so we can install it heh

· The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
10,862 Posts

Tint ANYWHERE in Cali is more trouble then it's worth... forget it. I've had CHP hook a U in San Luis Obispo County, Ventura County, Santa Barbara County, Monterey County.

My best friend had the exact same car with NO tint, put the plates on his car... sign it off and motor on. Even with this risk (they are too lazy to ever check VINs) I gave up!
Oh, and PLEEZ no lectures... My brother is CHP. :monkey:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.