Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
02 F-150 Extended Cab
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted this on on legacycentral too and was hoping i could get some answers here too

Ive looked through a few threads here pertaining to the ej22 crank gear wobble problems and have encountered the same on my ej18. luckily, the crank end isnt that messed up, just alittle oblonged, and i put a new woodruff key in that i grinded down from the hardware store and it seems to be holding in place, but wobbles alittle. im figuring it will last me a few thousand miles but im not sure. im getting a new crank idler pulley too since that one got messed up and wobbles too.

would you guys reccomend using jbweld just to get it to sit in place and to stop the slight amount of free play it has? or should i just get it welded in place? i found another ej18 block for $50 so this one doesnt have to last that long..was just hoping for a few thousand miles (and hoping the newer block doesnt have this same problem)

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,291 Posts
Happened when I had the 1.8 and I got a new subaru key from a parts store and a pulley from one in the salvage yard. After using threadlock and torquing to spec, it never loosened. Hopefully it falls off for the guy who stole it from my friend's shop though. :jerkit:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts