Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, either there's a mouse living in my wheels, or that squeak coming from my wheel well means it's time for new breaks. And low and behold, when I lifted my car for an oil change, the front pads were aobut cashed. Anybody have some suggestions on a good set of performance break pads???? I was thinking either EBC green stuff, or fork up some cash for the Cobb Tuning performance pads. Any feedback would be appreciated, as I am far too poor to be buying inferior pads that either don't do the job, or wear out after 5000 miles. Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do not get EBC pads. They will warp your rotors and they dust a lot. Dusting is not that big of a deal to me, but they market them to be dustless. I will never purchase anything from EBC again.

Steve

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
to quote myself from the other thread:
i have the EBC reds in front, and absolutely love them. they have about the same grip as the Mintex, but without the sqeaking and dust buildup. just don't get the greens since they have a tendency to chew up rotors.

·
Registered
45 Posts
going through the same decission process right now.
I've narrowed it down to three choices:

Hawk (either HPS or HP+)
Porterfield R4S
Carbotech Panther +

I autocross a lot and and am gonna be doing a few track days in the next few months and want some good all around pads. Unfortunately, you have to sacrafice some things to get others. All of those pads above will be great on the track but might take a bit to get warmed up on the street. I had the HPS on my old CRX and they were great pads for the street and autocross, but for the track they tended to fade a bit more than I would have liked. If you're driving mostly street and autocross, I say get the Hawk HPS, they're about 80 for the fronts from Tirerack and you won't be disappointed. If you're gonna do more track oriented driving then get something a bit more aggressive, HP+, Porterfield, Carbotech. If you want to spend an assload of money get the Endless CCX and stop on a dime.
Good luck.
Evan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses everyone. Hell of a lot of brake pads out there, and not enough wheels to try em all out.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts