Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any way to fight a ticket where i was speeding up to pass some one and the cop clocked me right when i was doing it?? i was passing the guy because the road was 4 lanes and my lane and his were merging like a block down the road. i was going 54 in a 40 zone...

someone please help me

:(

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he was coming towards me in the other lane i guess he used a radar gun or something

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
He should have detailed it on the ticket - go check and see if he did. It could make a difference.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all it says on the ticket is "exceding speed limit" and in the speed box is says "54 in a 40 zone"

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
yeah, it should indicate the method of detection, but you don't have much of a chance to beat it. the best you can do is have it reduced to a non-moving violation so you don't get points. this will probably require a lawyer.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Not necessarily. If he used a speed measurement device then there are certain restrictions. Have you seen my advertiser TicketKiller.com? They specifically deal with those issues, hence why I am allowing them to advertise.

So, in short, go do some homework and find out how he clocked you. Call the police station, go there with the ticket, call the officer, whatever it takes, just find out, because it WILL make a difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts