Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
00 STM RS-T
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after i put in a stock motor into my 00rs a week later problems occur. Now there is a loud knocking sound while my car is in neutral but goes away when i press on the clutch and when i step on the clutch, the pedal rattles heavily. Drives and shifts fine but has a grinding sound when i shift and after 4k rpm. I am sure its the throwout bearing b/c i did not replace that when i put the motor back in with a new stock clutch. Thowout bearing is a SPEC one. What do you guys think? LMK...Thanks in advance...

· General pain in the ass
98 Superu Impreza 2.5 rs...
4,539 Posts
something that got me thinking... you have a hydralic clutch, why would the pedal vibrate if you step on it?

Did you check all the bell housing bolts?
May very well be the t/o bearing.

I suggest draining tranny fluid to make sure you're not loosing teeth off some gear.

· Registered
00 STM RS-T
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car has been like that since I bought it. That was 6 years ago and its over 90K on the stock clutch. Its really no big deal...
Yours must just e minor...this is MAJOR vibration....you have to see the car to understand....but i will try draining tranny fluid just to make sure...

SPEC clutches suck...or at least my stage 2+ did...slipped like crazy and when i took it out only 10k later, clutch plate was already worn down...kevlar FTL...return yours and get an ACT....there is a 90 day warantee so if you put yours in and it slips..take it out and demand a new one...

· Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
9,088 Posts
You mighta lost the little clippies that hold the TO bearing onto the fork. Without them, it likes to make noise when not pushed against the pressure plate.

· Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
9,088 Posts
I've had them fall off for no good reason. Specifically, all last winter....my bearing was singing in neutral with the clutch engaged. When I finally pulled it apart, both clips were gone! The bearing was still good, so I reused it. All's been well thus far (5-10k miles).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.