Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
besides tougetuning with the Group A spacer, does anybody else make/carry them? i know that Area 1320 made them before, but i saw one thread saying that production is ceased and another one saying that they will make more.

1. has area1320 stopped making them??

2. does anybody else make them??

thanks a lot guys. -----Arthur

·
Registered
2004 Silver RS
32 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I thought he stopped making them and I believe it said the same on the area1320 website as well...

·
Registered
2001 subaru impreza 2.5RS BRP
180 Posts
i think i wanna sell my grimmspeed spacer. i just can't fit mine in cause i have a carbon strut bar that gets in the way. i have to cut an inch off my intake pipe and relocate vacuum lines.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think i wanna sell my grimmspeed spacer. i just can't fit mine in cause i have a carbon strut bar that gets in the way. i have to cut an inch off my intake pipe and relocate vacuum lines.
is it only with the grimmspeed spacer that you can't have an STi strutbar? or is it with all t/b spacers??

thanks guys, --Arthur

·
Registered
00RS & 02WRX
1,439 Posts
sti CF strutbar will fit with oem air box and tb speacer..also cosuco and sti pike strutbar will fit too..make sure you got someting that will clean TMIC.they about same size of TMIC

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
IMO ~ TBS is/was useless. I got no better mileage, no better performance or torque and the engine hunted like hell for an idle speed (no matter how many times I reset the ECU). My TBS is in a zip lock bag in the garage...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
I would say don't bother. It's such a small space being added when you consider how much air is flowing through it and at what velocity.. The outside air wont be cooled down by much, and that extra few square inches (if that) isn't going to make any measurable difference in torque or power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts