Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of putting my Group A TBS on my 98 RS, seems the bracket is totally wrong for the 98's setup for the throttle cable. Anyone else encouter this, if so, what did you do to solve it? I'm going to just try throwing some longer bolts on there with something to space out the bracket... hope it works, since I really hate un-doing work to cars!!

·
Registered
Silver 05 LGT, Red 98 Trans AM
174 Posts
This Doesn't suprise me one bit. The 98RS seems to be the forgotten RS. Try longer bolts and let me know how it works out. Maybe I'll pick one of those up.
Mike

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up using 2 longer M6x135 bolts with some oversized nuts put on as spacers... just trial and error till i got the cable tension right. I can post pics if anyone wants me to.. but be forewarned, it's a serious hack job.. but it works..

As for the TBS, it seems to have picked up torque.. hard to tell though with the ol butt dyno.. at least it gave me something to do for the afternoon and made me realize my crank case breather tube has been detached from the block for who knows how long...

·
Registered
Silver 05 LGT, Red 98 Trans AM
174 Posts
Nice work. Lets see some pics of the thing. I might want one. Or are these the TBS that you can't get anymore?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow, there's several sources to get Group A stuff from...

http://www.groupa.ca/where.html

I was going to get a pitch mount and pulleys too, but I should probbaly be paying off a little student debt as well as buying shit for my car...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts