Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
That's only 116k miles. That's not what I'd say is all that high. 320,000 km is where I'd be more iffy.

As long as they kept up with maintenance and you keep up with maintenance, that thing will hit 320k km without much problem.

My 2001 Impreza Outback Sport has 241,000 km on it, runs like a champ. Only thing I've had to do to it was replace the clutch cable. It was well maintained.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's only 116k miles. That's not what I'd say is all that high. 320,000 km is where I'd be more iffy.

As long as they kept up with maintenance and you keep up with maintenance, that thing will hit 320k km without much problem.

My 2001 Impreza Outback Sport has 241,000 km on it, runs like a champ. Only thing I've had to do to it was replace the clutch cable. It was well maintained.
Not sure how important it is with Subaru's.. but it has a full history log book with it :)

·
I kill threads!
3,749 Posts
Not sure how important it is with Subaru's.. but it has a full history log book with it :)
Personally, I think every car should have one, just so you know when maintenance has occurred.

Some ppl keep receipts for everything, but it ends up being a big jumbled mess inside some manila folder. Me, I keep a log book myself. My log book contains every date that I put gas in the car, the mileage it was at, and what my fuel economy was. I also put the date, mileage, and any maintenance that occurred (oil change, swapped bumpers, replaced tie rods, etc).

The importance of it is really up to the owner/purchaser of the car. If they have a log book of it all, then I can estimate what maintenance is coming up and how much it'll end up costing me to do it. Factor that into the price of the car, figure out if I'm getting a good deal. If they were willing to do all that though, it really sounds like the car well taken care of. I'd be willing to give them the price they are looking for.

No log book, no receipts, no nothing. I'm going to instantly offer $1k less and expect that to go further when I look over the car and see issues.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car has some major paint fading damage, a tick in the engine, a knock when the steering wheel is locked left and the stereo didnt work. Going to give that one a miss.

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,919 Posts
huh, did not see any of that paint fade in the pics, looks really clean. radio coulda been as simple as a bad connection or just a bad radio, the noise was probably a cv axle

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
huh, did not see any of that paint fade in the pics, looks really clean. radio coulda been as simple as a bad connection or just a bad radio, the noise was probably a cv axle
The boot and roof was terrible, didnt think it was that bad, but it was.

Still too expensive for the ks..

Moving on to looking at this one:
04 SUBARU IMPREZA RS MANUAL BOOKS 6M REG RWC VERY LOW KS EXTRAS! | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Gold Coast City - Pacific Pines | 1035141190

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,919 Posts
i wouldnt trust a person to modify a car when he cant tell the difference between aluminum and steel wheels. "subaru liberty allow wheels"

hey guys im selling my 2004 subaru impreza RS sports, VERY LOW KS 120KM

Just had dual mass clutch replaced have receipts cost me over $2000

Comes with logbooks, Service history, freezing air conditioning, just paid 6 months registration, current road worthy certificate, can provide clear title PPSR certificate to prove their is no accident history or money owing on the vehicle.

Vehicle has a nice subaru rumble from the exhaust, handles very nice and tight through every corner, a dream to drive, Sports engine 2.5ltr which is factory from the RS model

Also have receipts from previous owner purchase 2 yrs ago for the total amount of $13,500.00

Factory fitted RS features:

- Momo sterring wheel
- WRX bucket seats
- Sports interior trim
- Subaru Liberty alloy wheels
- Tinted windows
- Additional airbags
- 2.5Ltr Sports engine
- ABS
- Cruise control

Additional aftermarket features:

- LED headlights
- LED taillights
- WRX bonnet scoop
- Body kit
- Full exhaust system (extracters, cat back exhaust, muffler)<br/><br/>

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya, the pictures and ad is enough to make me not waste my time calling them.
I am just looking at the low ks.. I can get rid of the body kits if I get it, get decent rims, etc etc but I just need a reliable good car and if this car provides that then whats the issue with it? :confused:

·
I kill threads!
3,749 Posts
By the time you change out the body kit, get better wheels, get a better suspension, etc, you could have just bought a better car. If you plan on leaving that stuff on the car, then it's whatever, I guess.

But just looking at it, I feel they half-assed it with the mods. It looks like they just cut their hood and jammed a GC hood scoop in there and it doesn't even sit nicely. I hope they didn't cut the springs to lower the car, but their ad doesn't list any kind of suspension work.

·
I kill threads!
3,749 Posts
I'm wondering if that car got a paint job sometime in it's life or maybe the paint on the windshield wiper arms just suck. The paint is coming off the wiper arms, but the paint on the car looks okay.

Hope that body kit isn't there to just cover up an accident.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm wondering if that car got a paint job sometime in it's life or maybe the paint on the windshield wiper arms just suck. The paint is coming off the wiper arms, but the paint on the car looks okay.

Hope that body kit isn't there to just cover up an accident.
Going to look at it on Wednesday.. could I grab some tips to check for things like crashes, bad paint, etc?

Is it just me or is the front left panel a different colour?

·
I kill threads!
3,749 Posts
Look for paint overspray or body pieces not properly aligning up (although with a body kit, things won't be aligning up all that well). I'd pay the most attention to what's going on behind the bumper. If you don't see anything obvious, probably wouldn't spend much time after that hunting down something that may/may not exist. Could be 100% accident free.

It's got a clean title, so it wasn't in any major accidents. Minor fender benders aren't a huge concern, but it's one of those things I'd at least like to know. That way I can look over the accident area and fix anything that may need fixing. Even if it's nothing more than just slapping some Por-15 on to keep it from rusting.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Look for paint overspray or body pieces not properly aligning up (although with a body kit, things won't be aligning up all that well). I'd pay the most attention to what's going on behind the bumper. If you don't see anything obvious, probably wouldn't spend much time after that hunting down something that may/may not exist. Could be 100% accident free.

It's got a clean title, so it wasn't in any major accidents. Minor fender benders aren't a huge concern, but it's one of those things I'd at least like to know. That way I can look over the accident area and fix anything that may need fixing. Even if it's nothing more than just slapping some Por-15 on to keep it from rusting.
I am not sure if we have Por-15 if not I will try and find the equivalent.

I have got him down to $1000 off.. he's just taking his head unit and tweeters he put in.. ill pick up a cheap head unit and fit that myself, but its worth it to get 1k off.. its got extremely low ks and apparently has great log book history which I am happy about.. and considering the other models around that year mark who want $9-10k it appears to be a bargain.

That front bodykit has to go though, will need to find the stock one I think hahaha.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts