Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how did you get them to stay on? The two clips slide right into place, but the hole for the screw does not line up correctly. Any help?

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
you drill a hole for the screw. put the cover on, place the screw in the hole, tap it with a hammer so you know where to drill. IIRC, its a 9/16 bit. just go slow because you do go through metal.

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
Reviving this old thread because I just got these covers today, and I was wondering the same thing. Luckily I did a search.

I guess I am going to go and start drilling right now. :sigh:

I'll come back and let you know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Do I need to take the fog lamps out to drill? Or can I get down in there with them still in place?

This seems like such a pain.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
leave the fogs in. put the covers on. you'll see the little hole in the covers on the bottom. insert screw. it will hit the plastic of the bumper cover very soon. hit head (of screw) with a hammer gentlely. this will make a mark on the body. remove screw. remove cover. locate mark. apply drill to mark. it will go easy at first, then you'll hit the metal. go slow. it'll go through eventually. when it does, back out drill. attach cover. insert screw. screw in screw. lather, rinse, and repeat on the other side. its cake.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
What length screw did you use for this? I don't want to go too shallow or too deep.

·
DemodderedOGmoss
05 LGT, 06 WRX wag, ZX6R
4,654 Posts
I didnt want to drill holes... I just bought the STi foglight cover brackets straight from Japan took about a week to get everything, no drilling involved :D

Keith

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
10th Warrior said:
i used what came with them. they are about 4" in length.
Ok, mine didn't come with any screws. So that has been really gay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts