Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
95 "LSTI" Coupe
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, just want to introduce myself. I'm new to the rs scene but hopefully by summer I'll have my project car which I just picked up last week up. I was driving a 04 sti took it to a shop that I had dealt with and they were always friendly and nice until, they totaled my sti out on a "test drive" so long story short (fighting with the shop, insurance, attorneys, etc) I'm getting my 04 sti back and 18k so I went out and bought a 95 couple L with 215k miles for 1200. Not the cheapest but rust is minimal. So I'll keep posts up of how I'm coming along and if I need any help.

Girlfriends 350z in the background. Hehe

Hope y'all enjoy! Also let me know what you think!!!!

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
How could just a test drive ended up like that? Well, that means you have a lot of fun swap your Sti into this 95 L.

·
Registered
95 "LSTI" Coupe
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's were I'm lost aswell, I had a act 6 puck and streetlite flywheel put in and when he was on the test drive he put into a ditch. Worst part about it the guy who was driving it was a good mate from high school... He says he swerved to miss an animal in the road... Untold to me but told to one of my other friends he was in the top of 4th and going around a corner...

·
Registered
'00 2.5rs coupe
1,628 Posts
Better this way ... you'll end up with a swapped GC, which is going to be mechanically the same as your STi, much faster and you'll have extra money in your pocket.

Not a terrible situation IMO.

:)

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
Also, I highly suggest purchasing an AccessPort. So you can load the valet mode base map, before handing the keys to any shop.

Valet mode sets the car to low boost and 4k rev limit.

·
Registered
95 "LSTI" Coupe
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, I highly suggest purchasing an AccessPort. So you can load the valet mode base map, before handing the keys to any shop.

Valet mode sets the car to low boost and 4k rev limit.
I have one of these just forgot to set it and didn't think about them driving recklessly in my car. Hard lesson learned. (Face palm)

·
Registered
95 "LSTI" Coupe
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Better this way ... you'll end up with a swapped GC, which is going to be mechanically the same as your STi, much faster and you'll have extra money in your pocket.

Not a terrible situation IMO.
True, and that's how I'm looking at it. Well the only way to look at it.

·
I kill threads!
3,749 Posts
I'm sure in time, you'll end up liking the GC chassis much more. Small and nimble. That 800+ lbs of dead weight on the GDs really hampers the car.

·
2 broken subarus...
'00 Subaru Impreza OBS
321 Posts
Yeah if that ever happens to me, I'm going the same route. I agree with krotch, the FC chassis is much better because it is so much lighter.

·
Registered
95 "LSTI" Coupe
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sure in time, you'll end up liking the GC chassis much more. Small and nimble. That 800+ lbs of dead weight on the GDs really hampers the car.
I've always fancied the GC's, just never had the time or money to sink into one. I think I'm going to be much happier with the sti swap. Anything I should look out for? Maybe save me headache before I do it to myself.

·
2 broken subarus...
'00 Subaru Impreza OBS
321 Posts
Get your sti harness and your GC harness and send them to Iwire, this will save you so much heartache.

·
I kill threads!
3,749 Posts
For the swap, can only think of getting GC top hats for the struts and DCCDPro. Can't think of anything else that would give you troubles on swapping.

·
Registered
95 "LSTI" Coupe
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome, thanks! That was my biggest fear was the harnesses. How much do they charge for the conversion?

·
2 broken subarus...
'00 Subaru Impreza OBS
321 Posts
Usually around 600-700 but don't quote me on that... Ask Brian, he is more than willing to help. Actually he is on here...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
'99 Impreza Outback Sport
378 Posts
Your L looks like its off to a good start. For some reason i like the RS hood/grill with the old L bumpers a lot

1 - 20 of 33 Posts