Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went catless today! so far here is my insane set up. borla headers + custom test pipe + stock mid pipe + straight pipe axle back. if anyone doesnt know the stock mid pipe has only 1 small resonator. i just finished and went for a test drive... OMFG this is beyond the loudest exhaust you have ever heard. i can play with the gas and make it back fire REALLY REALLY loud every time. its insane. muffler is back on tomorrow

·
Registered
02' PSM WRX
1,535 Posts
tell me you used that tackle box and brick to hold your car up... haha

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
THE 2008 DARWIN AWARD GOES TO... TNICE17!!!

·
Registered
97 Brighton, 4x4
1,681 Posts
OMG those welds! Did you even bend the pipe? Looks like every time it took a turn you you just welded another piece on the bitch. Good stuff:D

·
Registered
2005 STi with a 1999 RS shell
646 Posts
(closed caption sound clip) Faaaarrrrrrrrttt,burble-burble,Faaaarrrrrrrrrtttt,crackle-crackle!

·
Premium Member
2015 WRX STI WRB
8,403 Posts
i guess you haven't heard my ride. you got nothing on me. JC can vouch. nice setup though.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well theres no away i was able to get this down the road with out the cops on me. maybe in the next few days i will get a sound clip. i have the bosal SPT muffler on now

EDIT: and YES i did use a tackle box/brick to hold up the exhaust. some pieces were bent but the guy who made it make it too close to the tranny/other parts so it made me too uncomfortable.

·
Registered
1999 ver7 coupe
504 Posts
No offense but that is some really bad welding, haha.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
No offense but that is some really bad welding, haha.
i have had the welder for a few months and i havent even gotten though my first spool of wire. cut me some slack...lol. and i would rather have that test pipe that i made for, now that i think about it, almost free. rather than dropping about 250 on a name brand test pipe.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts