Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To get back on auto-xing does anyone have any big plans for next year.

my goal for next season is to place top 5 in H-stock in colorado's divison.

Erik S.

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Well, just after I relegated myself to EP (<-- yes, EP), I got a great deal on turbo bits so its now SM for me. Now, seeing as I'm spending my suspension/tire money on my turbo build, I just hope to afford a new set of street tires by the time the season starts :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
boy,
what kind of car are you using.

I'm thinking about putting a 2.5 motor in my OBS and building it up for STX for 2004.

Erik S.

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
99 RS. The car was going to go an a huge diet to try to hang with the local EP guys. Now that I'm in SM, I'll be running against good old Conebasher, not much of a chance there ;) .

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well $50,000 in cash i can make your car just as fast or faster :devil:

just kidding... but it would be nice to have a bad ass GC8 killing the wrx at nats.

Erik S.

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
I don't think I'll be ready for nationals this season. The car was "broke" for almost 2 full seasons and I've just got it racing again (I raced most of the post-national events). I need to get my head back into things, as well as the car. We'll see.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
i'm taking things seriously this upcoming season. new race tires instead of used ones (yay) and some KYB AGX shocks. i plan on running the full midiv series as well as the pro/national stops at Peru. locally, my goal is to be up there and beat occasionally Matt Grainger and Rice Wise. if i do well, then i'll consider going to nationals.

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
This year will be a rebuilding year for me. I may try to hit the SWDiv series but probably not nationals... we'll see. I took the STS divisional back in 2000 so I know I'm capable of competing at that level, I just need to get back to where I was.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Repeat as regional STS champ, but also PAX in the top 7 at each event. I PAXed in the top 5 at the last two events, but it just got a little tougher with the new PAX numbers. We've got several multiple time national champs in my region in Danny Popp (ASP Z06) and Kumar Viswalingham (BS Miata) so that tends to tell you how well good you are or aren't.

And I'm looking forward to getting back to a Cen-Div event and this time not being too excited and driving like a boob!

Good luck to all, autox season is only 3 months away!

Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts