Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Impreza Wagon SOLD...95 out
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought wrx top hats from a cool dude, but I bought them thinking I needed them to lower my impreza outback.

And I just read a post saying I didnt need them, and I infact need top hats from an older leggy. could someone help me.

·
Registered
R56 Cooper S
1,046 Posts
Help you with what? You didn't really ask a question, so I don't really know what advice you're looking for.

As for the tophats...why not just buy GC tophats? There shouldn't really be any reason (that comes to mind) for why you would need GD or legacy tophats.

·
Registered
'99 Impreza Outback Sport
378 Posts
It all depends on what springs you are using. If you are using GC/GF springs, then use GC/GF top hats. If you are going to use GD springs, then you need the rear Leggy turbo top hats.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Munch if i was not clear. I got swift lowering springs off of a GD, 02 wrx to be exact, and I thought I needed GD top hats to install them, crazyskiie is telling me that I need rear leggy turbo tops

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My next questtion is could I use the top hats anyway or will they not fit? I should have reseach better before I bought the top hats.

·
Registered
R56 Cooper S
1,046 Posts
Ah, I gotcha.

Well, from what little I know of using GD tophats on GC's, I believe that the front ones require you to drill at least one hole for the tophat bolts to stick through?

But I'm not really sure...that whole situation is kind of confusing for me too.

I did read something about the rear tophats for the older legacys working though.

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
GD/WRX top hats 3 studs are farther apart about 1/4 inch more than GC top hats, you have to drilled/slotted from original holes to fit if you want to use GD top hats/springs/struts.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So what Subaru car besides wrx can I use these top hats? Fozzy? Outback leggy? Just trying to see if I can resale them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts