Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1261 - 1280 of 3756 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Impreza 2.5RS
899 Posts
Nice work on the trim, gonna have to do that at some point, I always notice how dull mine are after washing it too. Might do the plastic on the side mirrors too

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
for sure, I have a can of plastidip in my garage that I think will work fine for the trim of my car.

Also that pre-paint cleaner is carb/choke cleaner, same stuff.
And Carb/choke cleaner is only 2.50 at the dollar store.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,270
@ last nights car meet (I Didnt take any of these pictures BTW)

And the usual asshats that like to drag race out in the public!

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,271
I bought this WRX midpipe from Einobaka ,which lets me utilize any year 02-07 wrx/sti axleback. This takes all of the hassle out of buying RS specific exhausts and also gives me a greater choice in systems as well. For those of you that dont know, on the wrx/sti, the midpipes are shorter and have a rotated flange. Einobaka has taken all of that work out of it for me ;)

The midpipe looks to be in very good condition and is a full 2.5" instead of the smaller size found on the RS's.

Now, time to get me that TurboXS SRM axleback Ive been eyeballing ;)

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,272
Next to a bat cave out in the middle of no where up in the "hill country" of Central Texas. Too bad it was too early for the bats to come out and play.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,273 (Edited)
The TurboXS SRM came in today :drool:

Very nice piece of artwork :lol: and very light too (15lbs). This axleback will work with your OEM 2.5" wrx/sti midpipe and an aftermarket 3" midpipe.

4" double-walled tip.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,275
I cant wait to slap it on early tomorrow morning. Im going to test fit everything to make sure it all works out and then Im going to strip/sand/paint the midpipe with that black high heat paint. Its going to look super sexy :drool:

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,280
Yup 3". The previous designs were only 2.5". If you see this exhaust for sale on other wedsites/stores and they say that it 2.5" in the description, I highly doubt it is unless they have old stock on hand but everything drop ships from TurboXS directly. Always ask the seller before ordering. Case in point, my ebay supplier has 2.5" in the description and I was shipped a brand new model with the updated 3" piping ;)

1261 - 1280 of 3756 Posts