Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1181 - 1200 of 3756 Posts

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,183
"Oh well" :lol:

Man, its pretty bad ass to actually know Brianne Corn! Aint it?

Cant wait to see her newly updated rallyX track :)

·
Registered
2001 Coupe
1,258 Posts
Is it possible that I'm more anxious to hear the new exhaust completed than you are?
What bugged you about the stainless tip? Just the angle? If so, that local shop will probably drop it on the chop saw for free next time you take them a welding project.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,186
The angle of the black PCed one and the size of it bugged me a bit. I’m going with the SS rolled edged tip one. It will look a little cleaner and less aggressive IMO. Im just waiting on a good day to go have it all welded up.

·
Registered
2001 Coupe
1,258 Posts
Ah. Gotcha. Black would have fit, but too big is too big.
Got to love Summit. Grew up 30 minutes from the Ohio retail store. Talk about parts envy.
I'll be here waiting to hear it.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,189
After almost 8 months of procrastination on hooking my A/C up, I finally did it. When I first pulled my engine last October I broke a tensioner pulley piece that attaches to the tightening bolt. Then after a quick search and rescue Garrett (equinox92) came to the rescue and hooked me up with a replacement tensioner bracket assembly :)

It was an easy install with only running into one little problem which I will explain later.

This was how Ive been running around for the past 8 months

Left is the bracket Garrett sent me, right is the broken one

Small problem. I wanted to reuse my plastic (lighter) pulley instead of the steel one off of the older model. Everything fit perfect EXCEPT that the bearing that housed in the plastic wheel is just a tad smaller. So in effect I couldnt use the "unbroken" part that I needed. I just simply swapped the metal wheel over to my bracket.

This "dry lube" does wonders escpecially to parts that you do not want to keep greasy.

Everything assembled and ready to go back in.

...and finally back to normal and just in time too because we are expecting some hot weather soon.

·
Registered
2001 Coupe
1,258 Posts
I hate those plastic adjuster pieces. Luckily they are cheap from a dealer. Was thinking about how easy it would be to make an aluminum one for someone with some skill.

That horsepower will feel good blowing out of the vents for sure.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,192
Yeah, I just dont understand why they dont make them out of metal to begin with :facepalm:

But it was my fault for fogetting to loosen up that wheel nut before I started to unbolt that tensioner. When it snapped I was like :curse:

·
Registered
2005 Impreza 2.5RS
899 Posts
I was going to remove the AC being up here in NY but when I remembered that the AC assists the defrost in the winter I decided against it.

Glad to see you got everything worked out with that though. Nice work!

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,200
Wow, dont you just love googlemaps? This picture was taken in 2008 and it shows the first car I built (1989 Isuzu Impulse) and my Impreza before I lowered it. God I miss her sometimes. She would have been a great track car only if I had the time to devote to her.

1181 - 1200 of 3756 Posts