Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1081 - 1100 of 3756 Posts

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,081
Yeah, 257 block with all sti components and probably some aftermarket stuff, hopefully to keep it all together for a long time. Im not planning on running alot of boost. Just something comfortable for a daily driver. Damn, so you have 3 sets of cams from a 255 block? What about extra heads from a 255 engine?

·
the hard way
1972 240Z
10,462 Posts
^ STi shortblock with my stock sohc heads. Going to get the heads worked on for flow (PnP) and then find out what set of cams I need for FI (possibly turbo), then upgrade to the stiffer valve springs off the 06+ 2.5i.
i believe NA cams actually work pretty well for a supercharger

i vote: ej257 or ej255 short block, pnp sohc heads, supercharger, delta 2000 cams and 257 valve springs (werent those just in the sti? ie not 2.5i?), id imagine your accessport and stock ecu would give you all the tuning you need?

if youre gonna do turbo might as well just swap the whole thing, block/heads/ecu, and make use of the oem wrx/sti tune

edit: P.S. check this bad boy out http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=36931110&postcount=1977

·
We ain't found shit!
'05 2.5RS, Blue
427 Posts
That is kinda what I was looking at. A strong block with some SOHCs I have laying around, wasn't sure how I was going to FI it. Supercharger sounds fun though. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use the stock ECU... If you are going to access point you might as well get the ECU tool, I've got a TACTRIX cable and it works great.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,089
^ dunno. Everythings still there. The engine is complete as far as I could tell and it looks pretty clean too. Someone took the oil fill cap so theres no telling what mess is inside of it now.

Dude, I really wonder how much they would want for that front clip :drool:

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,090 (Edited)
Local car meet from last night.

Picking up a friend with his newly purchased 09 WRX

Just a bunch of us local car buddies hangin' out

Figuring out where to put the new decal :lol:

Friends cheking out my interior

Then a wide bodied NSX showed up

And last picture before hitting up Logans Steak House

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,093 (Edited)

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,097
that looks so fucking clean dude, i love it

so i dont remember, did you check on how much they wanted for that svx or the engine and some bits?
Thanks, it was a hard decision to make but I think I will be happy in the end. I actually never went back out there to see how much they wanted for everything.

What you think of these?
They actually look pretty nice IMO.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,100
Went to another local friday night car meet.

Dairy Queens always seem to be the "old school" hangouts.

WTF!

Single stacked kettle bell mobile mechanic :lol:

4.0 Lexus V8 Supra (sounded fucking sexy as hell)

Finally more people started to show up.

Can anyone say "Pimp My Ride"?

Hater Vision

Import scene

My friends Veloster is fucking sexy!

My buddies "flared" STi

Nice bimmer

1081 - 1100 of 3756 Posts