Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1041 - 1060 of 3756 Posts

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,043
That lift wouldnt be practicle for the Texas long distance driving. Im going to see how my new wheels with the blizzaks take the rallyx and then we'll move on from there ;)

Hopefully I will have off from work during one of these event.

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
I'd like some adjustable CO's but for 1.5k for decent ones I'll get king springs (1.5in lift) and some AGX's this july.

total cost, 600$

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,049 (Edited)
Just got these delivered from Canada-land today. From a little company called Muffler Express Distribution whos also a vendor on e bay. These are the same guys who I bought my OEM direct replacement catalytic converter from. Awesome customer service. I even asked if they could make me two extra axle back flanges.

Louvered resonators (no glass packing)

What I have planned is a complete custom exhaust system! But for now Im gonna keep it a secret ;)

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,053
Had a chance yesterday to open the bags of parts and to my surprise they hooked me up with extra gaskets and nuts and bolts :)

Heres everything put together:

I wanted to install it just to find out how it would sound but when I went to mock it up I noticed it would dump exhaust right next to my rear diff and axle boot, so Im gonna wait until I have all of the other parts ready.

So heres the plan. I already know what my car sounds like with a cutout right after the cat section and I love it. With the two added resonators to the new midpipe it should quiet down just a little for when I make my own gymkhana style exhaust similar to this:

But then I did some more research I found this from P&L Motorsports I like this simple design a whole lot more than the megaphone style of the Crawford one.

So heres the type of tip Im going to get from summitracing:

This shall be an interesting setup.

·
Registered
2007 2.5i/2010 Forester
228 Posts
Wow that's gonna sound mean! The P&L pipe looks alot better than a ol fart can :)

Thanks for the lead on the MufflerExpress. They have a legal cat section to get me in and out of the local shops around here. Damn state laws!

·
Registered
Shoelace Express (Walking)
876 Posts
Hmmmm are you gonna do something like a Varex muffler as well to maybe have noise WHEN you want it and WHEN you don't want it?

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,059
Just cleaned the hell out of the MAF sensor and air hosed the filter out. Did a hard ecu reset and then bumped the throttle up 125rpm. Man, my car feels like new again. I guess it was all of this pollen floating around in the air these past few weeks.

1041 - 1060 of 3756 Posts