Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 100 of 3756 Posts

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
After having sold the track pipe, I waited and found a crazy deal on a Rallisportracing HFC Pipe. This puppy will be coated with the same high heat paint I put on the track pipe. On Monday I will take her to the shop and have the cat-back flange rotated to match my car.

Before

After

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Its been slow progress. I installed the HFC pipe today. Everything lines up nicely except the rear flange. It will be rotated tomorrow morning. So far Ive tested to see how it sounds with my current catback (2.5" Injen SES without resonator). I used a donut gasket and two wood clamps to hold everything together. Its a little raspy in higher rpms, but it does sound deeper as well. On a huge plus, this aluminized steel HFC pipe is light as hell compared to the stock OEM unit.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
I had the flange rotated today.

I know it looks messy with all the different pipes but thats the way the cookie crumbles.

I had to do a little tweeking.

·
Registered
2004 JBP RS
540 Posts
By chance, do you have the CAD drawing or design specs of the CNCed shift knob? That design is exactly what i've been wanting to do.

·
Registered
1999 2.5rs rbp
230 Posts
really nice man, we do have very similar cars lol. You have alot of mods i plan on doing when the cash come around so ill keep checking back

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Thanks everyone for the great feedback. Next on the list for the car is:
1) whiteline steering rack bushings
2) ss break lines
3) ss clutch line
And of course I will be writing a step buy step process of doing these mods so stay tuned.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #89 (Edited)
Here are some quick photos I took today.

I really like how the ATI pod flows with the rest of the dash.

I also shot a video of the exhaust while everything was nice and warmed up. I think Im going to get a resonator welded in to try and get rid of that damn raspy sound. I cant stand it.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #91

·
Registered
2005 RS 2.5 Silver
2 Posts
Beautiful car man. You have almost mod for mod what i want to do to mine. How much have you put into her?

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Beautiful car man. You have almost mod for mod what i want to do to mine. How much have you put into her?
Thanks. I wouldnt even want to guess how much Ive put into her. I also like to make alot of things myself, so that saves a bit here and there. If you ever need any help/suggestions on your car, dont be afraid to PM me.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #96 (Edited)
The bio-grease I found at lowes. The Beatrush Propeller Shaft Mounts I actually got at a huge discount because I had so many points accumulated on www.subimods.com. All they do is replace the stock mushy rubber ones.

Were you able to come out to this past "three amigos tour"?

·
Registered
05 RS
14 Posts
I see alot of things you've done that I would like/need to do to my car. The squeaky clutch is a big one. It was annoying the hell out of me. My car has been sitting in my garage since last October, except for two weeks in May. It will stay there until November when I get home. Cant wait to see whats possibly gone wrong from sitting that long.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Honestly, I haven’t driven my car that hard lately. I’m not sure there is an immediate noticability but when I took the stock rubber ones off, they were all mushy just like the stock transmission mount.

I was just lucky to get those mounts for like $10 with all my saved up points.

·
Registered
'05 2.5RS Wagon
69 Posts
For $10 why the hell not.
Were you impressed with the TiC Subaru Rear Diff Mount Bushings - RACE? Perrin has something similar but it just looks like some hardened spaces. I liked the look of TiC's how was the feel after getting them in?

81 - 100 of 3756 Posts