Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 80 of 3756 Posts

·
Registered
Selling the RS, Lexus is250
231 Posts
Sounds good, I am getting one and hoping it sounds better since i have a resignator, but for the track pipe, you extended ur o2 sensor? How?

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Sounds good, I am getting one and hoping it sounds better since i have a resignator, but for the track pipe, you extended ur o2 sensor? How?
I gots the skillz! LOL. I just cut the wires and spliced 24" long wires on. I also used marine grade shrink tubes because they have a glue inside that melts the openings shut to prevent from water getting in.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
Well I just got done putting the stock cat section back on. Im gonna sell the track pipe, so if anyones interested PM me. Remember its been coated with 4 layers of high heat rust stopper so no more rust issues.

·
Registered
Selling the RS, Lexus is250
231 Posts
Oh looks good! I will have to resource back to you when I do mine! I do not want a track pipe, more a hfc or dual hfc, but glws and great car :)

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)
I finally had enough of this clutch sqeeking that I did something about it. Just listen to the video at how loud it was. Heres what I did to try and fix it:
1. Remove the intake, clutch slave cylinder, and fork dust cover
2. Sprayed some high heat graphite lube down onto the fork piston
3. Cleaned contact surfaces of the slave cylinder and the fork with an abrasive
4. Lube with white lithium grease and put everthing back together

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
I know this isnt rocket science but so many people ask me how I get my headlights so clear when most become very dull and hazy over time. Heres the steps:

1. Gather your items: Meguiar's Plastx polish, Mothers Small PowerBall with drill, hand wax buffer.
2. Clean your headlights as best you can. Get all dirt, bugs, tar off before anything else.
3. Apply small thin strips of the polish over the headlight. Dont gob it on!
4. Take the hand buffer and rub it in using circular motions.
5. Let the wax dry up a little and then buff it in using the other side of the hand buffer.
6. Pull out the drill and buff the headlights making sure to get all areas of the headlight.
7. Make sure to clean up any extra polish off of painted surfaces.
8. Clean up your polishing ball using degreaser and store back in the package and your done.

Before

After

Drivers side done

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)

·
aka RoxyTheImpreza
SGM 2006 Impreza 2.5i
459 Posts
the car feels so much better! Shifting feels a lot better and the rear end just feels great. If anyone is concerned about the feel/sound DONT WORRY and don't get the softer version.... otherwise you're a big pussy ;) also the sea foam seems to of helped.... funny seeing everyones faces on the road when we unleashed the smoke cloud and "escaped" ;)

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
I finally got these cheap e bay hood dampers installed. I gotta say, for $29 bucks there pretty sweet. We'll see how long they last.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon
218 Posts
I like what you have done here. You've given me some Ideas for my 05 RS wagon, Like the STI hood with a scoop delete and rain gutter. I like the modded intake and defiantly want to get a K&N Apollo myself in the future. I'm gonna start a member journal soon but I don't think it will be a quick build by any means. Anyway keep up the good work and innovations.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
Here’s a quick update. I bought some Techna-Fit stainless steel brake lines and was planning on installing them today but some “stuff” came up and had to cancel. I did however get a chance to spray all four corners of the breaking system down with some PB-Blaster. I hope that this will make my job a heck of a lot easier for when I do get a chance to install the lines.

This is were to spray PB-Blaster or an equivalent to make your job easier.

Heres a look at the Kartboy - Subframe Locking Bolts - AKA Botox Bolts.

Updates will follow when everything is done.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Got up early and installed the Beatrush Propeller Shaft Mounts. Its a pretty straight forward install, but for those of you that dont know how.

Jack up one side of the car as far high as you can get it and use jack stand support.

First your gonna have to remove the heat shield using a 12mm. There are 4 bolt holding it up.

Once the shield is removed, uninstall the two 14mm bolts that hold the center of the drive shaft.

Heres a comparison of the two mounts. Its also very handy to use the swivel ratchets to get in those tight spaces.

The next step is to grease up the new mounts and install. The grease also comes in very handy because it holds everything in place while you screw in the bolts.

This is what it should look like when installed.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
I did some interior revamping today. I installed an ATI center gauge pod with a Prosport premium 60mm oil pressure gauge and a Prosport digital 52mm oil temp gauge. I bought both gauges and the blank from Subaru WRX Performance Upgrade Parts - Mach V Motorsports

Since I was going to install the sending unit adapter plate onto my relocated oil filter, I repainted the bracket that holds everything in place.

On the top is the template I used to make the bracket.

After repainting it.

Then I installed the adapter plate.

Then the sending units.

...and reinstalled.

The ATI pod lets you fit both 52mm and 60mm gauges in. Heres the center one converted to fit a 60mm gauge.

I also painted the pod face and the inner - upper peice to match my dash.

Installed

I am very happy with the quality of both the gauge pod and the gauges. I like the fact that the oil pressure gauge has a user selectable alert for when the pressure drops too low.

61 - 80 of 3756 Posts