05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
The next set of mods I have in line for my RS are:

*Techna-Fit Braided Brake Lines
*Z1 Performance Stainless Steel Clutch Line
*Whiteline 02-04 Steering Rack Bushings
*my4isflat Fender Braces

I have all of these laying around my room I just havent had the guts or time to install them.

·
Registered
2007 2.5i/2010 Forester
228 Posts
Sounds great! Brings out the rumble... seen that your interested in the Raptor S/C kit. That would def bring out some rumble!

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
Installed me some Hankook Ventus V12 evo's! My yokohama s-drives were so balled they looked like racing slicks. So far Ive put about 70 miles on these Hankooks and there great. Ive already taken them for a spin through some twisty back roads. Alot of people have said that after the 500 mile break in that the tires get so much better.

I also had some time to detail the car a bit.

And here is a shot at how nice of a clearance I have with the turn down.

·
Registered
2007 2.5i/2010 Forester
228 Posts
Nice and clean, even the brakes! One of my pet peeves is seeing rusty brakes at a Subie meet... Guess that's part of living in the midwest and driving the AWD all year.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #427
^ I know exactly what you mean. Ive got a slight case of OCD so brake dust is a PITA for me. These hawk HP pads dont dust almost at all even with the slotted DBAs cutting them a little everytime I brake.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #431
^ Yeah, they swivel into any position you desire. I really like the triple gauge clock pod but I only have two gauges in use, I’ve got a gauge blank on the far left. With the steering column pod the gauges will be direct in sight of the cluster kind of like your dash bezel. I’m gonna try and sell the clock pod and the 60mm oil pressure gauge on fleabay.

·
Registered
2007 2.5i/2010 Forester
228 Posts
I'm sure you've posted a pic of the clock pod but would ya put it up again. I might want it for later on down the road for oil pressure/water temp/volt.

"Fleabay" LOL! Pretty much what it's turned it to...

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #433
Heres a good one. Disregard the left digi gauge as I just replaced it with the new EVO gauge. Im selling the pod plus the middle 60mm gauge. Dont know yet how much I can get for them.

...and a video of how it sits now:

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #436

·
Registered
2007 2.5i/2010 Forester
228 Posts
Thanks for posting pic but I'm looking for a shorter one like this:
This is not really the one I want but is similar.

Anyway, the Raptor kit is very nice. I ordered mine about six months ago and am still working on getting things for it before I take the 3-1/2 hour drive to the tuner. I have a bigger fuel pump installed and have the 440 Detschwerk injectors to put in once I get there. Also getting a FMIC so that I can put the bypass valve and MAF in the correct locations. The charge tube that comes with the kit doesn't space these out far enough to get accurate MAF readings. Too much turbulence.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #438 (Edited)
I actually had a smaller version on my car. Its the Autometer 3 gauge clock pod. I didnt like it very much because it didnt have the fit and finish that the ATi ones have (it felt very cheap and didnt snap in place). I did however like the fact that they were angled toward the drivers side.

As far as the Raptor SC kit goes, try and post some pictures of your build if you have the time. I would really like to see how it goes on.

·
Registered
2007 2.5i/2010 Forester
228 Posts
Yea that one is cool but it does look kinda cheap. I like how they angle in also.

Here's the main stuff in the kit. The motor plate mount and the polished bracket that runs next to the PS lines and to the plate.

Here's the thread page of Ishwa's 2002 and how it mounts up with the kits pipe.
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f14/97081-gdb-impreza-rs2-5-supercharger-system-s-251.html

Here's the thread page that has VI's 06 and how it mounts up with the FMIC piping
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f14/97081-gdb-impreza-rs2-5-supercharger-system-s-284.html
Not a fan of the 90 degree turns coming right off the SC but it works. I plan on buying a bunch of extra pipe and rerouting it a different way.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #440
I definitely like the clean install I’ve been seeing on the other rides. Lighter weight and simple install has won me over to the SC instead of going AVO or other turbo kits. Plus you don’t have to mess around with exhaust parts or have to tap in for an oil line. The good thing is that I already have the Cobb AP and a Cobb facility just 60 miles away to get it tuned. Here are some things I’m doing before I even get the SC:

*STi short block and build the internals
*STi oil and water pump
*CAMS, I’m leaning toward the Delta 1500s
*Get the heads worked on, possibly by Rallitek
*Send in my spare intake manifold to Grimmspeed for PnP and coating
*higher flow fuel pump and injectors

I’m also going to beef up the RS tranny with either some legacy gears or PPG 1-3 gear upgrades. There’s a lot more I want to do and I’m probably going to make a complete list and post it up on here.

Feel free to add anything else you think might be worth upgrading to make this build last

421 - 440 of 3756 Posts