Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

381 - 400 of 3756 Posts

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
OK, so I decided to buy the Y-cutout instead of the 90 degree setup as mentioned before. Heres what I got:

Heres the plan:

I will be cutting a notch in the rock/heat shield to fit the cutout and then I will be using one of these to keep the gases down and away from the underbody:

The good thing about the actual Y - flange is that it has an adjustable cutout so that you can position the e-cutout in the optimal spot for ground clearance. This was the deciding factor in purchasing this kit over a QTP kit.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #382
Yay! Everything arrived in one piece and super fast too!

...and everything put together:

Now I just have to remove the rock/heat shield and take her in to the shop next week to have it fitted correctly. In the meantime Ive got to route the wire and install the toggle switch. Im thinking of hiding the switch in the DIN cubby.

·
aka RoxyTheImpreza
SGM 2006 Impreza 2.5i
459 Posts
im expecting a FULL DIY ben lol
im interested in seeing how your going to run the control wire up to the din
0.o it's not that hard...

PS Ben, I'm going to send you a link on a cool hidden switch setup that you should do... I'll have to find it... Probably will be Tuesday since I don't have Internet at my new house yet.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #388
Looks like a nice kit. Should sound MEAN!
Hellz yeah it sounds mean. I ran 2 days without my catback on and it was beastly :naughty:

im expecting a FULL DIY ben lol
im interested in seeing how your going to run the control wire up to the din
The kit comes with 10ft of wire plus the actual toggle switch. Instead of running the wires all the way through the firewall hole Im going to run them up through were the shifter boot is.

Nevermind I was able to find it on my phone: CGBagne

^^^ I'll probably do this when I find a use for it... Sounds perfect for this application...
Thats badass man! Ive got some left over 16ga steel pieces laying around that I can make into a bracket to use with the toggle switch. Im liking this alot and thanks for the link. Good looking out bro :)

What is this exhaust thingie all about?
It basically opens and dumps your exhaust gases right after the cat section instead of running all the way to the muffler. Theres no performance gains what so ever but the sound of an open exhaust is SO SEXY :D

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #389
So I added this yesterday while Im waiting for my 90 degree cutout to come in the mail.

I think it fits perfectly with my cars persona :lol:

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
My RS just got a little meaner!

...and ZERO problems with ground clearance to boot! Now on to the wiring, which I hate!

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT, 1977 Jeep CJ7
1,222 Posts
Sound Clips when done!!! Can you data log this and see if there are any performance gains on this?

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #394
Sound Clips when done!!! Can you data log this and see if there are any performance gains on this?
^Yea we def wanna hear that!
I will have a video of it when I get everything all wired up. Its pretty quiet when closed and then it sound like a beast when open :eek:

As far as any performance gains, there wont be. Its just there for the sound effect.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #396
Did you happen to get a pic of what you had to cut out of the rock guard above?
I did have to cut some of it out but I will post pictures when I get back under there. Im planning on taking the whole system off and coating it black as I did before.

·
Registered
Shoelace Express (Walking)
876 Posts
Question. Where the cut out exhaust pipe/tip/whatever... Aren't you gonna put like a heat shield there or somrthing to prevent burn marks and stuff?

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #399
Question. Where the cut out exhaust pipe/tip/whatever... Aren't you gonna put like a heat shield there or somrthing to prevent burn marks and stuff?
No need. Ive got a turndown and it blows the exhaust down and away from the bottom of the car plus Ive got some of the rock shield under there to help soak up any heat.

381 - 400 of 3756 Posts