Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

341 - 360 of 3756 Posts

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
is there a noticable difference?
The mushy feeling didnt go away completly but the braking itself is more consistant. Before when stepping on the brakes the pedal would sometimes sink down and then sometimes it wouldnt. I like the new feeling though :sunny:

looks awesome! that's worth the $100 right there! haha
It was an easy install, took me about 45min with taking pictures and all.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #345 (Edited)
what's going on, where have you been?
Haha buddie, Ive been on here only to view a few threads and to post here and there a little. Works been so busy lately but its slowing down a bit now.

Ive got a few plans for the car in the works:

After I get the oem cat section purchased Im going to try and fabricate my own blast pipe exhaust system, kinda like these ideas:
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f5/t146738-summit-dual-outlet-make-greddy-dd-rep.html
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f4/t148535-ms3-axleback-exhaust-idea-thoughts.html

Im also in the works of saving up enough money for some new tire s (Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110) and a new clutch kit (ACT Clutch Kit - SB2-HDSS) with matching (ACT StreetLite Flywheel).

What do you think?

·
aka RoxyTheImpreza
SGM 2006 Impreza 2.5i
459 Posts
Haha buddie, Ive been on here only to view a few threads and to post here and there a little. Works been so busy lately but its slowing down a bit now.

Ive got a few plans for the car in the works:

After I get the oem cat section purchased Im going to try and fabricate my own blast pipe exhaust system, kinda like these ideas:
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f5/t146738-summit-dual-outlet-make-greddy-dd-rep.html
http://www.rs25.com/forums/f4/t148535-ms3-axleback-exhaust-idea-thoughts.html

Im also in the works of saving up enough money for some new tire s (
Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110) and a new clutch kit (ACT Clutch Kit - SB2-HDSS) with matching (ACT StreetLite Flywheel).

What do you think?
looks pretty sweet!

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #347 (Edited)
Old School Meet #3 - The Three Amigos Tour!

Looking through my photos I found this snap shot of me during last years 3 Amigos Meet! Texas Hill Country FTW!

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
2005 Impreza RS Drag Race

I also found this video of the last time I was at the strip. Burnt my damn clutch.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
You need cams! I cringed a little when I saw that s-10.
Me too! That was probably the 3rd or 4th run for me and by that time my clutch had no holding power anymore. Its just that this was the best run that I had a chance with. All of the other runs down the strip were Corvettes and Mustangs.

The whole way back from the strip while in 5th gear was horrible.

·
Registered
2005 RSC
1,131 Posts
Me too! That was probably the 3rd or 4th run for me and by that time my clutch had no holding power anymore. Its just that this was the best run that I had a chance with. All of the other runs down the strip were Corvettes and Mustangs.

The whole way back from the strip while in 5th gear was horrible.
Was that about a 16 sec run?

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
^ Yup, yup. Thats why Im in need of a new clutch bad. It slips in 4th and in 3rd sometimes. On a side note: when I first bought my car I was running high 15's all night long and that was completly stock.

·
Registered
2005 RSC
1,131 Posts
^ Yup, yup. Thats why Im in need of a new clutch bad. It slips in 4th and in 3rd sometimes. On a side note: when I first bought my car I was running high 15's all night long and that was completly stock.
Got ya. That's nice to know. Sounds like my clutch around 90,000 miles; it wouldn't hold any power in 3rd or 4th.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #357 (Edited)
So I went and ordered one of these puppies from Muffler Express Distribution which is a vendor on e bay.

Its a Forester direct fit Dual Catalytic Converter Assembly 02-05 model years. They have an Impreza specific cat listing but to my luck they had a (make offer) on the forester system. They are basically the same so I went ahead and made them an offer and won the item for $197.00 shipped.

Top is the rallisportracing hfc pipe and the bottom is the newly bought oem replacement cat pipe.

..And here is everything installed to make her work. Since the catback flange from the RSR pipe had to be rotated the current center pipe flange would not line up so I just cut it off and installed the end flange to the catalytic converter end.

It sounds mean as hell without the muffler attached. Its not even raspy or anything, its just nice and deep. I will post a sound clip ASAP.

I couldnt be happier with the new oem replacement cat system. The quality in the welds are just perfect. They include 3 O2 bungs and 1 bung plug if you dont need it. I might be purchasing a wide band O2 sensor for the unused third bung. The company shipped the pipe out fast and with all the included parts necessary to make it work. after winning the auction they had great communication and emailed me the ups tracking info as soon as it shipped out. It took about a week to arrive here (Texas) from Canada.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #359
Had to do some more stitching! Maybe its time for a new fender liner, yes? Maybe not!

341 - 360 of 3756 Posts