Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

301 - 320 of 3756 Posts

·
aka RoxyTheImpreza
SGM 2006 Impreza 2.5i
459 Posts
Cant believe we finally got some snow down here!
yes, and the Northerns can take it back :flame: well at least it is actually snowing and not just damn cold... you know what I mean... I now feel like there is a reason for it being cold, now that it's snowing :lol:

it was snowing like that here at 3AM.... I miss monday... it was like 80 degrees here haha and now this on Friday

anyways here she is:

more pics of her on my blog...

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Gotta low the snow though...fun to play in while everyone else is getting stuck.
I couldnt really have any fun because Ive got these damn balled tires :burnout: My ass was getting stuck just moving in the parking lot :mad:

·
aka RoxyTheImpreza
SGM 2006 Impreza 2.5i
459 Posts
I couldnt really have any fun because Ive got these damn balled tires :burnout: My ass was getting stuck just moving in the parking lot :mad:

lol, I know how you feel.... I was debating going out... but thought it probably be best for me and Roxy to stay home and not embarrass the subie community flying off the road without proper traction lol

damn I want my lift and general grabber tires....

·
aka RoxyTheImpreza
SGM 2006 Impreza 2.5i
459 Posts
That's why I have new tires on my old wheels. I just throw them back on for the winter.
down here we only have one set of tires... summer tires... cause that's usually all we need.... the whole town shuts down on days like these.... so no need for snow tires... haha I was kinda hoping the kids would have school so I could have an excuse to drive on the snow... but it's probably better I didn't

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
lol, I know how you feel.... I was debating going out... but thought it probably be best for me and Roxy to stay home and not embarrass the subie community flying off the road without proper traction lol

damn I want my lift and general grabber tires....
Like I said, raise her up a bit and then put on some grabbers. She will look sexy no matter what because you doing things right this time around ;)

That's why I have new tires on my old wheels. I just throw them back on for the winter.
I wish I had a set of old ass wheels laying around just for days like this. Hell I would even take some steelies.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #313 (Edited)

·
Registered
2007 2.5i/2010 Forester
228 Posts
Great thread man! I've been snowed in here in Iowa reading up on some of your innovations. The black HiTemp paint is good stuff. I use it on my calipers before Subie meets to cover the rust. I like em painted black and not colored and all ricey looking.

Also looking into doing a stock 06-07 scoop with the water deflector. Have to see if I can get some sheet metal and mock it up.

I found this a while back that might help some guys fit up their intake stuff without using that stock plastic MAF housing and uses the same N/A calibration:

MAF HOUSING - 2.88 CALIBRATION

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #317
Golden, do you know of any hood dampers that are strong enough for the steel RS hood?
Im not sure but my e bay knock off hood dampers seem strong enough to support a steel hood. Ive never tried it though so dont take my word for it. I believe I paid under $60 shipped atleast 6 months ago and there still holding strong.

Great thread man! I've been snowed in here in Iowa reading up on some of your innovations. The black HiTemp paint is good stuff. I use it on my calipers before Subie meets to cover the rust. I like em painted black and not colored and all ricey looking.

Also looking into doing a stock 06-07 scoop with the water deflector. Have to see if I can get some sheet metal and mock it up.
Thanks! Ive been up to Des Moines once to pick up a parts car. Needless to say it was rused all to hell :lol: On the way we did see some of the bridges of Madison County. Iowa reminds me so much of Germany.

Yes, that hi heat paint is the best but I only use the (roll-on) type. I cant stand any kind of spray paint because Im an ass when it comes to masking everything all up. The best part is that it actually stops rust..

About the hood scoop: are you going to buy or find yourself a wrx hood of your year or try and cut a hole in your oem steel hood? The only benefit by adding a scoop or vent to your hood would be that it vents out the hot engine bay air. Down here in Texas when it reaches 100F + in the summer, that vent comes in real handy.

·
the hard way
1972 240Z
10,462 Posts
I got these super sweet looking fender braces in from my4isflat. Very nice welds and they look like they can take a beating! I cant wait to put them on.
son of a bitch ive been waiting for him to get those in again for months and just pulled the trigger somewhere else last week.

Yes, that hi heat paint is the best but I only use the (roll-on) type. I cant stand any kind of spray paint because Im an ass when it comes to masking everything all up. The best part is that it actually stops rust..
wtf is that paint on stuff you use? i was gonna repaint my midpipe so it matches the rest of my exhaust (bbq black) but the spray on stuff is not very durable

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #319
wtf is that paint on stuff you use? i was gonna repaint my midpipe so it matches the rest of my exhaust (bbq black) but the spray on stuff is not very durable
Its this:

Ive painted my whole exhaust with this stuff and it stands to anything you can throw at it. Once its baked in using the exhausts own heat its pretty much permanent and it prevents rust. You can pick it up at any home depot or lowes for about $15 plus some small rollers.

·
Registered
2007 2.5i/2010 Forester
228 Posts

About the hood scoop: are you going to buy or find yourself a wrx hood of your year or try and cut a hole in your oem steel hood? The only benefit by adding a scoop or vent to your hood would be that it vents out the hot engine bay air. Down here in Texas when it reaches 100F + in the summer, that vent comes in real handy.
Actually, I use the same BBQ grill paint that you use I just brush it on to the calipers. I agree that it is too much of a pain and mess to spray it on.

I recently got a Raptor Supercharger to put on my 07 and am getting a FMIC to add. Going to do some pistons and Delta cams first though. With this I would like to vent some engine heat with a scoop. I found the hood at the same place as the MAF housing. [URL=http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQSubaruQQImprezaQQReplacementQQHoodQQ20062007QQREPS130105.html]WRX/Sti Hood [/URL]
Now all I need is to find a stock scoop cause I really don't like the huge CF scoops.

301 - 320 of 3756 Posts