Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

3161 - 3180 of 3756 Posts

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,163
I have no updates but I did just finish making myself a work/parts shed. Now I have everything in one place as opposed to up in the attic and in the garage. Here's the picture story:

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,167
Thanks everyone! For those of you that don't follow me on facebook, almost all of the base material was recycled decking from my neighbors house. It was all pressure treated 2x6s and he had a lot of it...for free! I also made that tire rack/work bench out of the left over wood. I'm going to add two simple vents, one to the front and one to the back.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,170
Scored a major deal on a set of mint 2004 STi pinks. They have new Group-N tophats and Tein lowering springs, which I will probably take off and sell for better springs.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,174
Joshua, I love the coilovers but they are just a tad too stiff and have a slight bounce when going on the toll roads, other than that, they handle like a dream when going on the back roads.

I'm planning on finding me another set of prodrive springs (they are progressive) and slapping them on these struts.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,175
oh and supposedly the struts only have 9k miles on them. They look to be in good shape.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,180
Today I started to remove my window tint. Its been on the car since I bought her and it was beginning to show its age. Bubbling was going on all five windows and peeling on the two front windows was getting bad. I used the "garment steamer" method rather than the heat gun method because the temperatures don't get so high, I didn't want to crack the glass or melt the film. It just needed to get hot enough to soften up the glue so that I could easily peel it off the window. As soon as I started to use the steamer it worked like magic. To my surprise, someone had installed tint on top of tint which made it that much harder to remove. It was beginning to be a serious PITA but I got the four side windows done in about two hours total. After I removed the major parts of the tint, I ran some brake parts cleaner over the left over residue and then used some glass cleaner to get the windows super clear.

....I'm saving the rear window for another time.

3161 - 3180 of 3756 Posts