Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

2181 - 2200 of 3756 Posts

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,183
Ben do you have a write up on cleaning out the throttle body by chance?
Here:

Gather up your supplies.

Drive to your favorite gas station and fill her up with a whole can of Sea Foam.

Then top off with your preferred gas.

Then while at home have someone step on the throttle a little while you fill approximately half a bottle of Sea Foam into your intake main vacuum line. Then pour the rest into your gas tank.

The next step is to clean out the throttle body with the appropriate cleaner. If you have drive by wire, have your buddy step on the gas peddle while you spray into it while its open and closed.

The next step would be to disconnect the battery.

Detach the MAF and spray out with the MAF cleaner.

Now just wait until the engine works both the Sea Foam and throttle body cleaner in. You have to make sure that your engine is fairly warm when you do those steps otherwise it wont work as good.

After you wait about 10-15 minutes, re-connect the battery and start your car. My car didn’t want to start right away but just give it a good couple of turns and it will fire right up. Let the car idle till warm and then take her for a spirited drive. Doing an aggressive drive will dislodge any carbon buildup in the vacuum and intake system.

The car felt like it drove more smooth and I even think I gained a few MPGs as well.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,185
^ :facepalm: now thats just insane. No need to pull it off. Just spray it out and let the engine burn the rest out ;)

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
Yeah but due to having an EGR system you have tar built up at the throttle plate, you wont get it all with the spray. And those crank case vents.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,196
Finally installed the cabin filter today. Its too bad that Subaru never had one in there from the factory and when I went to the stealership to buy one they qouted me over $40 for the damn filter :facepalm:

Its such a simple install I dont know how you can fuck this up, but just incase heres the video I used for reference: Cabin Filter Replacement: 2002-2007 Subaru Impreza - 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX 2.0L 4 Cyl. Turbo Sedan

On to my install.

I air hosed out all that shit

Then put a date on the filter and in it went

The trick to putting back the glove box is to slide in the right corner first ;)

I also had the time to clean out my spare K&N Apollo filter. Its always a good idea to have a spare so that you have a nice clean filter ready to go when changing them out.

All cleaned up and letting it dry overnight for the coat of oil then install tomorrow ;)

·
Registered
2005 Impreza 2.5RS
899 Posts
Thats great, I was looking through your thread the other day to see where you got em, Im going to need a butt load, but I gave up after like 70 pages.
Then I get on this evening and someone else quoted it for me, perfect!

2181 - 2200 of 3756 Posts