Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

181 - 200 of 3756 Posts

·
Registered
05' Impreza 2.5rs, CGM
1,967 Posts
damn. that sounds good dude! I have the single tip and borla reps and it sounds good. Gonna get a hi-flow cat from supers sooner or later to make it a bit louder.

also, can you post pics of the steering rack bushings install? I am interested in maybe doing that to tighten up the steering.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
damn. that sounds good dude! I have the single tip and borla reps and it sounds good. Gonna get a hi-flow cat from supers sooner or later to make it a bit louder.

also, can you post pics of the steering rack bushings install? I am interested in maybe doing that to tighten up the steering.
Ive been too lazy to crawl under the front end to do them but there sitting in a shoe box under my bed waiting for me. I will have a full writeup when I do them. It should be a fun project and I hope its worth it.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #184 (Edited)
So here is my very disapointed review of the Prosport Gauges I bought not too long ago. I bought these from Subaru WRX Performance Upgrade Parts - Mach V Motorsports, which by the way is a very good company and has excelent customer service. The gauges in question are both Prosport gauges with the oil pressure being a 60mm premium having a stepper motor and an adjustable peak warning alarm. The other gauge is a 52mm Prosport digital oil temperature gauge. I had these for only a couple of months and they are already acting up. First, the 60mm premium gauge peak warning adjuster knob broke and it not doesnt let me adjust or turn off the warning beeping noise. Then just recently the digital gauge started loosing its LED numerals. The main reason I originally bought the Prosport gauges is the fact that they match quite well with the STi gauge swap I have done. :-(

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza L
249 Posts
"It's a lot more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow"

Thats going to be a fun project for you. Which RSB are you going with?
That's my motto.

I picked up a 20mm one. I actually spent last night wasting old spray cans painting it Red. It looks pretty good now. I was told I could use my L bushings for now. I think in the spring I am going to go AWOL on my car and replace as many bushings as I can.

Project got pushed back to Thursday because of work. My Rally armor flaps should be in by then too.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Wow! That was a surprise to see in my inbox this morning. And with all the sites Im registered with, rs25 was the only one that congratulated me. Well thanks. Now I can celebrate the ripe old age of 27.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
paint yer hood!

we need to find an excuse to get together one of these days, get a friend with a nice camera to come.
HaHa never! And yes, we need to get together sometime:rolleyes: Ive got a pretty nice camera BTW. Ive got to meet Abel (MyBluFlameRS) sometime in Austin for his Stoptechs he bought from me. Maybe we can all meet then. Otherwise Im looking forward for next years Old School Meet #4. Hope you can come!

Happy Birthday mang :clap:
Thanks, AkaScuba! Ive got the best beer in the world at my fingertips right now. Shiner! Yes, its the best! And since Im half German, Ive got the Jagermeister shots lined up ready to go! :clap:

·
Registered
2006 STI 504HP
5 Posts
So here is my very disapointed review of the Prosport Gauges I bought not too long ago. I bought these from Subaru WRX Performance Upgrade Parts - Mach V Motorsports, which by the way is a very good company and has excelent customer service. The gauges in question are both Prosport gauges with the oil pressure being a 60mm premium having a stepper motor and an adjustable peak warning alarm. The other gauge is a 52mm Prosport digital oil temperature gauge. I had these for only a couple of months and they are already acting up. First, the 60mm premium gauge peak warning adjuster knob broke and it not doesnt let me adjust or turn off the warning beeping noise. Then just recently the digital gauge started loosing its LED numerals. The main reason I originally bought the Prosport gauges is the fact that they match quite well with the STi gauge swap I have done. :-(
I am sorry to hear your having a problem. Lets start with the Digital OT. That should not happen, Please send the gauge only in to us so we can check/confirm and replace it for you under warranty.
PK-Oil Press. ~ I am confident the problem here is that you over tightened the rear U bracket and thus pulled the movement insdie the gauge all the way to the rear of the gauge, thus making the button inop. You can take the gauge out and look at the back and you should see the metal can is now slightly deformed around the mounting screws and no longer a flush flat back but now raised up around the screws/nuts. Luckily this can be fixed by you by simply holding the gauge from the front and pushing the back of the gauge (on the screws) against the side of something firm to push them back flush with the back of the gauge. This will fix your problem.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
I am sorry to hear your having a problem. Lets start with the Digital OT. That should not happen, Please send the gauge only in to us so we can check/confirm and replace it for you under warranty.
PK-Oil Press. ~ I am confident the problem here is that you over tightened the rear U bracket and thus pulled the movement insdie the gauge all the way to the rear of the gauge, thus making the button inop. You can take the gauge out and look at the back and you should see the metal can is now slightly deformed around the mounting screws and no longer a flush flat back but now raised up around the screws/nuts. Luckily this can be fixed by you by simply holding the gauge from the front and pushing the back of the gauge (on the screws) against the side of something firm to push them back flush with the back of the gauge. This will fix your problem.
Thanks for the super quick responce. It really means alot when companies back their products and help out their customers. I will send you in the digital gauge shortly and I will try and fix the oil pressure gauge according to your suggestions.

^good to know you guys made account here to fix his problem.
+1 on the customer service.
Thanks, eastfreestyler for the link to Nasioc.

Yeah, once this was brought to our attention we wanted to jump in and get this fixed.
+2 on the support.

woo hoo. agreed :cool:
+3 again for the support.

·
the hard way
1972 240Z
10,462 Posts
HaHa never! And yes, we need to get together sometime:rolleyes: Ive got a pretty nice camera BTW. Ive got to meet Abel (MyBluFlameRS) sometime in Austin for his Stoptechs he bought from me. Maybe we can all meet then. Otherwise Im looking forward for next years Old School Meet #4. Hope you can come!
yeah i didnt do the drive cause i had just finished bolting heads back together the day before and was being cautious, but was at BBQ. let me know when you come through to meet Abel though for sure

edit: or if i ever get some damn time i have a ton of parts that need to go on.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
yeah i didnt do the drive cause i had just finished bolting heads back together the day before and was being cautious, but was at BBQ. let me know when you come through to meet Abel though for sure

edit: or if i ever get some damn time i have a ton of parts that need to go on.
Cool, Ive got a ton of stuff to install as well. I plan on doing a clutch job next spring some time. ACT HD and ACT LWFW :drool: Gotta save up that money though.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Well the plan was to get my exhaust worked on today but everyone in town decided to get there exhaust leaks fixed. So this friday (black friday) I have an appointment with my muffler guy 8 a.m. sharp.

Otherwise, I recieved these two items in the mail yesterday.

Very nice indeed!

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
I did overtighten the bracket and thus pulling the whole movement inside to the rear. By doing that it made the little adjuster knob on the front come flush with the gauge face.

This is a before picture. As you can see I did deform the metal case by overtightening the screws.

I simply uninstalled the gauge and used some pliers to push back in the metal rear. And it worked.

Im glad it was as simple as that. Now that I have it all fixed, I reinstalled the gauge using the bracket but this time not so tight. Thanks Prosport Gauges for the help.

181 - 200 of 3756 Posts