Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Impreza Silver
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all this is my journal. Ive owned an 97 L sedán and I loved it but I gave it to my brother. After a year of watching him neglect her I had to get my hands on another Impreza. On November of 2012 I picked up an 2005 RS25 wagon.

10/13

6/2013

First week I owned it.
The first week I got her. Picking up exhaust system.

THE REAR
Mods:
-Hurst t-handle/pistol grip I like to switch
-Borla reps uel headers
-greddy evo2 muffler and mid pipe.
-catless test pipe.
-tantrix open port
-cold air intake
-Stance GR+ Coilovers
-Rusty Fender
-Perrin Rear sub frame lock down kit
-Shaved Pink Bay
-RallyTech Mud Flaps

Future mods:
-Side Mount Intercooler
-TD04
-Wideband

·
Registered
2005 Impreza Silver
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just finished making it so that the window didn't rip my door speaker's wire terminals off. I also picked up a fog light switch and relay so now my fog lights are functional. This weekend I'll post a video of my exhaust set up finished.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza Silver
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Polishing muffler. Greddy evo2

Exhaust up date headers are in as well as mid pipe and muffler. Custom test pipe is being made tomorrow. I'm having trouble uploading videos of it running with just the headers and stock cats.

The cat delete pipe being mocked up before welding to mid pipe.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza Silver
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Its makes alot more noise than i expected. i might make an insert for the tip to try to silence it a bit during commuting. I used spark plug anti-foulers to get the cel to go away 220 miles and so far so good.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza Silver
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This Saturday the cars going to the tint shop. the rear window will be 20% and the door windows will be 35%. I'm hopeful that after I can go to my friends shop and install the tein S springs, swaybars, gold BBS's and the STi hood.

·
Registered
2001 Coupe
1,256 Posts
Cool progress man. Keep it up.

Think about a resonator in the exhaust if you are going to continue to run without a cat. Will cut a lot of the rasp without sacrificing flow like one of the fart cannon inserts.

If you are still wanting a catch can, there are a ton of how-to's online for the thrifty and hands-on crowd. Here's a link to the one I made: Jonny O's Barbie catch-can.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza Silver
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been doing some research on Tactrix/openport tuning. I'm certainly going to do it I just wish there was someone around here that could answer a couple questions like.. When you download the .xml definition files why is there a list and which one/s am i supposed to use when logging?

·
ALL THE STI PARTS
01 RSTI w/07 EJ257, Brembos
1,813 Posts
I use ECUFlash to flash modified ROMs to my ECU, and I use RomRaider to edit said ROMs prior to flashing. I also use RomRaider to log data as I drive.

The XML files tell RomRaider/ECUFlash how to interpret the raw data from the ECU. Think of it as a "Rosetta Stone" type deal.

As far as which one you need, can you provide a list of which ones you downloaded?

·
ALL THE STI PARTS
01 RSTI w/07 EJ257, Brembos
1,813 Posts
Ohhh I get it. You actually want to place that entire folder labeled 'subaru' into the install directory of RomRaider. You should be replacing a folder that already exists there.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza Silver
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ordered my tactrix dongle yesterday. :) thanks for the response I'll give it a try when I get back to my laptop.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza Silver
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Monday night I ordered Ebay yellow H3's for my fogs because the police have enough reason to pull me over with my exhaust so I'm going to avoid going with the HID's for a while.
I also ordered some bronze flange bushings from mcmaster to lock down my Rear Subframe

1 - 20 of 169 Posts