Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
'99 gc8 project & '16 wrx
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after a year and a half of saving money, and 6 months of purchasing too many additional parts, my car is finally in the shop getting its full 2006 wrx swap. Troy Matta at Subaperformance is doing the job. Should be about 3-4 weeks till I get it back, I can't wait.

Swap includes:
06 WRX engine, tranny, rear diff, dash, gas tank, alarm, ABS, 10,500 miles on all of it!
2006 STI blue Carpet & Black STI floormats
2004 STI Steering Wheel
P1 Springs
Group N/STI top mounts
Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
Whiteline front & rear strut bar
Cusco front sway bar & WRX rear sway bar
Group A Endlinks Front & Rear
SS Brake Lines
Hawk HPS Brake Pads (possible 4 Pots if I can get the cash)

I think thats it, now all I can do it wait.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2.5ace said:
Should of just gotten a 06 wrx man , that is crazy money
Screw that, 06 body is ugly, and new cars come with warranties I don't do warranties! I am doing all of this, and I will have no car payment! Why get a big bulky sedan, when you can have a coupe.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haunt said:
how much did you pay for your 06 parts?
I paid $5000 for the parts, I was getting an 04 swap, but for the additional $500, I got my hands on the 06.

·
Registered
'04 WRX Wagon JBP
31 Posts
You definitely have to put up some before/after pics when it all gets done!! I know you've been planning this since you got your baby back in college!

Congrats Pat!!

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 RSTi
324 Posts
congrats man it will be a totally different car, you will love it when its done

i just got mine back with a 2006 STi swap with megan racing coilovers , its a totally new car, shit is bad

Swapped GC > any other stock impreza

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I have a question about the 4 pots for you guys. I can get them for about $500, but after all of this I am strapped for cash. I was planning on stainless steel lines, and hawk hps pads. Are the 4 pots really wortht he addtional cost. are they really that good? I am willing to fork out the money for them if they will really make the car stop on a dime, but I wnat to know they are going to be worth the extra $500, shoudl I get them?

·
Registered
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs
3,712 Posts
yes they are that good if you run good tires. you can only stop as fast as your tires can grip. beyond taht you are jsut locking up sooner. if you arnt already, jsut use good pads and good tires if you cant splurge for the 4 pots.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well I have goodyear assurance tires right now, but am planning on getting the Hankook RS2's post swap. I will have the stainless steel lines and the hawk hps pads if I don't get the 4 pots. I just know the 4 pots would be awesome that is why I want them, but I have already spent so much I jsut dont know if they are worth it!

Plus if I get the 4 pots, I will have to sell me winter powdercoated WRX wheels, and get another set powdercoated

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I went and checked out the car yesterday for the first time. It was crazy, the only thing left was the frame, they had ripped everything out and off. This week they will install fuel sensors and tank, rear diff, tranny, all suspension parts. Then they will start the fabrication on the firewall to get the dash to fit properly.

One week closer to being complete!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts