Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 160 of 333 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 impreza L, 05 LGT, 85 aw11
304 Posts
UPDATE
Sooo...

Today I purchased a 5spd Transmission which included; front axles, driveshaft, shifter (w/ bushings) pedal assembly (w/ Hydro Clutch) and Clutch itself for cheap.
Me and Cinek02 went, picked it up and dropped it off at the shop. I will be getting the rear end from one of the junkers in the shop. Swap is planned to begin in 2 weeks.

Parts needed:
Shifter Bushings (just in case)
Throw Out bering
maybe clutch...
Diff and Trans Fluids

Also, if anyone got a 4.11 LSD rear diff they are willing to sell... PM Me ;)

don't forget new rear pads and rotors. The ones on that junker are shot.

·
Registered
94L
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Yo thanks Arek! :)

Anyway guys, Arek here hooked me up with Hawk HPS pads and a rotor job.
Although I didn't push it yet, I can feel the pads bite coming off the exit slowing
down from 65. The nose Dives even with little pressure on the pedal, which makes
me feel good about what they will be when the break in is complete :)

Arek is my brother from another mother!!! ;) All it took is some BK sandwich :p

·
Premium Member
95 impreza L, 05 LGT, 85 aw11
304 Posts
Have him hook me up too (EBC pads, rotors installed) and you both got some BK and beer.
hehe I just had some slightly used hps pads that we found with Ural while cleaning up garage. I wasn't able to use them and i knew he was missing his big legacy gt brakes. I wonder how his setup now compares to legacy gt. I remember pedal on my stock setup was a little mushy on cold but was braking pretty good. We gotta wait for Urals response now

·
Registered
94L
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
hehe I just had some slightly used hps pads that we found with Ural while cleaning up garage. I wasn't able to use them and i knew he was missing his big legacy gt brakes. I wonder how his setup now compares to legacy gt. I remember pedal on my stock setup was a little mushy on cold but was braking pretty good. We gotta wait for Urals response now
Got full day of work tom so Ill put like 120 or so miles on them and Have a deacent Idea! :lol:
That's It for tonight, Good Night! :sleep:

·
Registered
2000 SRP 2.5RS Sedan
515 Posts
UPDATE
Also, if anyone got a 4.11 LSD rear diff they are willing to sell... PM Me ;)
my car is sitting in the garage, idk if its 4.11
i looked on northursalia and it said the manual trans has a 4.11, but didn't say anything about auto

·
Registered
94L
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #156 (Edited)
my car is sitting in the garage, idk if its 4.11
i looked on northursalia and it said the manual trans has a 4.11, but didn't say anything about auto
I got the non LSD diff so I don't need another one..... Sry, however I am looking for a LSD rear diff from 2000-2001 RS (5spd) or 2002-2003 WRX (4eat). Thanks tho!

·
Registered
94L
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #157 (Edited)
Little Update:

Gathering parts for the AWD and 5 spd swap.
Scheduled for next weekend. Gonna tear into
the donor this week hopefully weather permitting!

Stay Tuned!

Pic by Cinek02

·
Registered
94L
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #158 (Edited)
Update:

Started tearing apart the donor. Got some things done, but mostly setup for removal... Might get some pics up on thursday or friday ;)
More progress will be done T/F

Wish me luck!! :)

141 - 160 of 333 Posts