Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

I bought SSR Comps. Did I make the right choice vs. P1?

• You're going to be hungry, but you made the right choice.

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • Dude, you're nuckin futs.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Why in the world did you buy wheels?

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did I make the right choice by buying the SSRs instead of the Prodrive P1s? I have a Silverthorne Metallic MY99. Tell me why/why not!

·
Registered
2001 STM Sedan
455 Posts
the wheels LOOK great...i wanted a set so bad...just watch out for potholes, been hearing about people cracking wheels(this is all just hearsay, no REAL evidence)....they are LIGHT as hell, alot of the Bimmer Guys here run em for the road courses.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I say you did the right thing so long as you plan to use them for some motorsport purpose or other (autoX, open track, etc).

They are light, they are stong, and they look damn good.

I've no beef with the P1s or P7s as street wheels but they aren't in the same league technology wise as the SSRs.

Tire Slut at your service sir!

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza W"RS"X BRP
189 Posts
Good Choice...

Man, those wheels are bad ass...They look great and they are functional...What Color did you get?

Zee:cool:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went with anthracite (kinda like metallic black). I think anthracite wheels look awesome on the silver car. The P1s in contention were anthracite as well. I actually didn't know they made more than 1 color.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry guys, they're on order. I just wanted some input after pulling the trigger on the big purchase. When I get 'em on, I'll leave some nice pics.

·
DemodderedOGmoss
05 LGT, 06 WRX wag, ZX6R
4,654 Posts
Nice choice...if I have the money I'll be picking up a set of 17" Gold SSRs when they come to the States...(Feb. according to TireRack, I think).. If not Rota Subzeros or OZ Superleggeras ! :D

·
Registered
1999 ej20 powered RS
896 Posts
did the title of this thread not make anyone else think of new kids on the block ?

i was expecting a different poll.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts