Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Please help me out. My suby's Engine Check Light just goes on today again. It was turned off by a mechanic last monday. He said he finds nothing wrong with the car, so I took his words. But now it comes to me again. The code I got last time is this: "P0456" and description: Evap Emission Control System Leak Very Small. (Pending). Does anyone of you guys have had this kind of weird experience? Any input is appreciated!

Thanks y'all

Calvin

· Registered
92 Crown Vic
680 Posts
it means that there is a small leak to atmosphere from your gas tank/evap system. if you don't do emissions it really wont matter. but the light will be on until fixed.
it can be a small hose that is cracked or it could be a gas tank cracked. good luck with that.

james

· Registered
2017 STi
14,451 Posts
After my borla reps were installed I had a CEL immediately. 2 days later it went off by itself and thankfully hasn't come back...................................................yet/

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, i don't think it is the gas cap. I didn't pump in any oil recently. just weird. I didn't do anything to it. I went to some restaurant and when i got out and turned on the car, it just disappear. lol

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i brought it to a mechanic and he said he couldn't find any problem, so he turned off the light for me. But after a few days the light popped up. So I drove for another couple days, then the light went off by itself. I don't think the check engine light is popped (lol)

· Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
3,598 Posts
Oh I had this code pop up along with another. Fixed the problem by replacing the gas cap and rewiring the charcoal canister. The canister's wiring is very exposed and had corroded.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.