Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Please help me out. My suby's Engine Check Light just goes on today again. It was turned off by a mechanic last monday. He said he finds nothing wrong with the car, so I took his words. But now it comes to me again. The code I got last time is this: "P0456" and description: Evap Emission Control System Leak Very Small. (Pending). Does anyone of you guys have had this kind of weird experience? Any input is appreciated!

Thanks y'all

Calvin

·
Registered
A GC, GF, and a '79 Brat
60 Posts
I did until I just took the dash off and knocked that light out. It'll keep coming on. Nothing was wrong with the car at all and I needed to take it to inspection. This was on my old WRX though.

·
Registered
92 Crown Vic
629 Posts
it means that there is a small leak to atmosphere from your gas tank/evap system. if you don't do emissions it really wont matter. but the light will be on until fixed.
it can be a small hose that is cracked or it could be a gas tank cracked. good luck with that.

james

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
After my borla reps were installed I had a CEL immediately. 2 days later it went off by itself and thankfully hasn't come back...................................................yet/

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, i don't think it is the gas cap. I didn't pump in any oil recently. just weird. I didn't do anything to it. I went to some restaurant and when i got out and turned on the car, it just disappear. lol

·
Registered
2002 2.5RS BRP
2,393 Posts
tighten your gas cap well. If that doesn't fix it, then you got a leak somewhere else and I would personally get it looked at.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i brought it to a mechanic and he said he couldn't find any problem, so he turned off the light for me. But after a few days the light popped up. So I drove for another couple days, then the light went off by itself. I don't think the check engine light is popped (lol)

·
Registered
2002 2.5RS BRP
2,393 Posts
then don't worry about it. I went for an inspection today and that was one of the codes I had, all I did was drive the car for 10 miles and it went away.

·
Registered
2002 2.5RS BRP
2,393 Posts
I don't know the prices, but RCE Tarmac 2's are pretty badass. There's a bunch, just search "coilovers" and you'll get a lot of results.

·
Registered
97 Brighton, 4x4
1,681 Posts
I hate this CEL. It's one of the most vague and mistifing CEL's in the world. Mine goes on and off all the time. It's really annoying and there is soooo much that could be wrong with the car.

·
Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
2,719 Posts
Oh I had this code pop up along with another. Fixed the problem by replacing the gas cap and rewiring the charcoal canister. The canister's wiring is very exposed and had corroded.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts