Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 120 of 245 Posts

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #101 (Edited)
Then i started to take apart my ej205 to start the maintenance on it before it goes in.

i believe it has an oil leak somewhere or its left over from the head gaskets leaking.

but i'm thinking the oil pressure sender is leaking.

then i went to install what i though was stock injectors but they were yellow, no idea what they are.

Also waiting on someone to get back to me about merging a harness, but he doesn't respond to my messages :unamused:

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
one of the orphans have an issue with the heads:

but joshua helped me out since he had a spare set of heads to sell

also found these goodies in the bottom of the pan:

then i also needed to swap out the pcv port because of the design difference between the two short blocks, i only found one post on a legacy forum taking about this.

but all you need is a slide hammer and the come out pretty easily.

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #104 (Edited)
Small update on the Red Bomber:

I got my harness merge done, if anyone is thinking of doing this i recommend zephyr. Dropped the harness off on Sunday afternoon, it was back in my hands the following Friday.

Also picked up a 4.444 Forester XT transmission for the swap, decided this would probably last me longer than the 4.11

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
The baja got some love in the form of new studded snow tires (general arctic altimax):

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
new random tool, i had the milwaukee m12. its a great little battery ratchet, but i needed something with a little more power behind it. so i got the ingersoll rand R3130.

this thing is big and heavy compared to the milwaukee. its like lifting a club

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
i got the 07 2.5i wagon kicked out and sold and i brought in a 04 forester for the next orphan.

The forester had no heat and the 5 speed had a noise to it.

i'm guessing when a/c compressor took a dumo it blew the fuse that powered the control panel for the heat A/C

pulled and replaced the transmission, no bid deal there except it had a blueish green gear oil in it and i need to convert over to female axles because of the transmission being older.

started on the head gasket and reseal of the engine:

looks pretty good for the amount of miles on the car.

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
yeah i know, just busy anymore and trying to get this forester done on sunday.

then its swap time, i want to drive it a bit before the snow flies

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
does an inspection count and having it hibernate in the garage because we just got 14" of snow.

but i did pick up another forester for some quick cash flip

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #113 (Edited)
Busy Busy boy here.

Had a customer bring in a 01 forester from another shop that already took it apart and said that they didn't want to do the head gaskets. Reason being is they said it was already done once and the engine is junk.

So i took it on and the guy was happy with the price and the work that was completed

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Then we got our first winter storm here, was enough for me to get snow tires on and the plow on the truck.

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #115 (Edited)
But before the storm hit i picked up another flip car, 99 forester with 175k and a bunch of aftermarket stuff to make it worth while at the $400 price.

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
picked up on of the ASF machine rear seal installer from flatironstuning.com.

tool works great but to justify the price you would need to use it often. for me i'm usually pulling and resealing about 6-8 subaru engines a year. between customers that come in and my own flip cars it just made sense to try one out.

the tool is a pretty simple design. it bottoms out on the crank and the seal is almost perfect depth. it has a smaller cut edge that presses on the oil seal. it also centers itself with the dimple that protrudes in the center of the crank.

i would of liked to see the oil seal be pushed in just a little bit more, but where it sits now is fine.

only down fall i saw is you need to use the longer bolts for a flywheel as the short ones for the flex plate do not even reach.

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Lil' Red needs some JDM Taillights ;)
nah it needs it wrx swap to be started.

i'm thinking i need a me day in the shop, i was thinking of trying to work on the engine a bit this weekend and taking it to a buddies place that has a hot water pressure washer and cleaning it all up

101 - 120 of 245 Posts