Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 244 Posts

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
everyone does big fog lights and wings, i want to keep a sleeper look.

i need the hood with scoop for the next upgrade that i'm still planning out.

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
for being a PA car this was in great shape body wise when i picked it up last year.

no 1/4 rot, just a small bit of surface rust.

But i think the little 2.2 is on its way out, i'm starting to see blue smoke out of the exhaust.

·
Registered
1995 Impreza Red w/ EJ20G
82 Posts
for being a PA car this was in great shape body wise when i picked it up last year.

no 1/4 rot, just a small bit of surface rust.

But i think the little 2.2 is on its way out, i'm starting to see blue smoke out of the exhaust.

Use the blue smoke as an excuse to start your swap... that's what I did... My tranny started acting up at 260k miles so I got a half cut and am in the middle of swapping it. I'm in cali, cars don't really rust here so I don't have a speck of rust but the sun is really harsh on the clear coat.

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t208130-f-lets-take-bucket.html

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
so i got my package from GOTJ. (and also a bag of chips)

i think it looks better than the other one, kinda matches better.

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
picked up and installed a set of cheap chinese car speakers for my car, sounds a lot better than the factory speakers from 95 that were crackling and popping at half volume.

Also installed the non smokers package (gave me another pocket and a power outlet) and a weather band cd radio also in my car from a forester that i had laying around.

other than that i've been too busy to do anything between work, planting flowers/shrubs and mowing about 4 acres of grass every week.

my truck got its first work out by dragging this home, not to bad for $300. But i did have some issues on the way back, a transmission cooler line rusted thru and it blew fluid all in to the drivers side brakes.

so i got to replace some steel lines, do a flush and fill on the transmission and also do a front brake job.

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I believe the picture is from when there was snow still in the Poconos.

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
little late of an update but i keep forgetting to do it.

i was going thru some of my spare and hoarded parts and decided on installing these items (flaps and cowl stay braces)

but when i went to install the cowl stay braces i found this:

no holes for the rear of the braces, so they got sold off.

the flaps went on without issues and now the sides of my car stay cleaner than they did with the tiny oem ones.

also snagged a MRT brake master cylinder brace for cheap off of nasioc

i was a tad spectacle about them, but it does make a huge difference even with the tiny l brakes

41 - 60 of 244 Posts