Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

181 - 200 of 244 Posts

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
wow long time for update, kinda got annoyed with photobucket and super busy with life i haven't posted much but i do have pictures.

to get everyone up to speed, engine is in 5 speed swap is completed and harness is in, but there was issues that still need resolved with a few woops wrong plug i merged.

i had fuel pressure, spark and the engine fire on starting fluid.

i probed around and found that the injectors were not getting power, after a few days of going wth and asking multiple ppl including the supplier of the merged harness i found this with some trouble shooting.

i found the yellow wire with blue strip that supplied power, it was merged into a plug but he had thought that it should just need plugged in. ( it has been two years since he did the harness)

the mate to the plug, see a difference...

then i got looking, maybe it was merged into the wrong plug. these wires go up to the cluster and dash, but the plugs are similar.

the plugs from the dash/cluster, i see i have two extra wires merged into this plug.

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #188 (Edited)
Only a little bit of extra wear on the transmission.

In other news, might actually get a real test drive this weekend if everything goes to plan.

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
getting closer and the to do list is getting shorter, maybe just maybe an actual drive this weekend.

i know space up front was going to be close, but having to do belts will be no worse than doing spark plugs.

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
No test drive this weekend, customers come first.

But I did install these custom bushings I made on the lathe for the intercooler since I couldn't find the rubber mounts.

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
After a year and half of building my car it has finally saw daylight and it's first test drive.

Only a few small things to go over such as a soft clutch, alignment being out and oh yeah the turbo sounds like a screaming pterodactyl at full boost.

·
Baby Sitter
1995 Red Bomber Impreza
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
sweet. now quick, back inside before it rusts

yep, went back inside once i swept the floors.

there is a little bit of rust on the quarters, so i give the cars a few more years until i don't care about it and drive it all the time.

181 - 200 of 244 Posts