41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Sti Version6
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hey folks,

Good news!

Work is due to commence on Pikachu within the next week.
got the battery on charge, parts are ready to pickup, i got use of an Engine Hoist.....

and a friend or 2 who can stop by to help sometimes.

Small steps, i guess. but gotta get to it.

Stay Tuned.

·
Registered
2000 BRP 2.5RS Coupe
37 Posts
Wait, you're going to turn that big ol' Toyota (Lexus LS over here) into a track car? Hmm this is interesting. I really like your GC8 BTW.

·
Registered
2000 Sti Version6
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thanks,

Had a plan to Build a circuit car out of the Toyota. but it now seems unlikely. not ruling it out.

The Subaru is in 1st place right now.

just a matter of priorities. i need my Subie back.

·
Registered
2000 Sti Version6
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Update: "The Barge" is gone. it had too many small issues. (Heater core,electricals,etc) And the Yellow Monster has been taken off the road.

I have collected a bunch of restoration parts for it, and have decided to keep the car for my son. as his 1st Car.

good news? I have a new Daily. and it is Boss. also, i got word out that i am looking for a "Special Project".

not Gc8's but one is a Subie. will share if anyone is keen to see.

thanks.

·
Registered
2000 Sti Version6
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
s v x !!!

Why won't that stay capitalized?

Long time no see friend.

Haha, no. it's not an SVX. i do know where one is, but it's far too much for me to take on as a project right now. Those things are

Just too rare.

My new Daily? A Y2K Subaru Legacy RSK Twin Turbo. :naughty:

The Special project hasn't been found yet. but it's a fun story.

Some friends and i want to do a meet. we are around the world. and want to meet up at a Classic Car Rally. -I just need a car. :help:

Feelers are out. with a short list in mind.

·
Registered
2000 Sti Version6
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
The Yellow Monster should be your daily/project/everything. I love it!

Thanks!

The car has been sitting under a carport for over a year. since the old lady hit the front bumper and i took it off the road. There is a plethora of parts in boxes ready to go. an i run it once a week up to temp. recently burping the cooling system.

Now? the story and the hard truth.

I was at a BBQ with the local car crew at a painter's shop. The Yellow Monster came up. (previous owner got a Type RA) and i told them how much work it really needs. for my standards.

Boys all looked blank. and the painter? just rubs his fingers in the "Money" gesture.

Yeah, i know.

I'd be in the hole $4k just in body work. and that is before touching anything mechanical. and it needs everything.

It's time.

Like all heroes, it is time to retire. Like Rick Flair, my car only has one WOOOOO, left.

so it is with a heavy heart. that i inform you all. i will be Stripping the car down.
-To build it anew.

With a new body.

The Engine, will get some love. and a clutch. the full driveline. along with under body braces,strut tower braces, brake lines,interior pieces, all of it.

Has a body waiting. time to Robocop the monster. :borgsmile

and put the soul into a shiny new chassis.

Question is. will you guys welcome his new skin?

we are about to go from commando to Terminator.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts