Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1999, OBS, Green, EJ22
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People where I live don't know much about Subarus. They know the WRX and they know turbo, but I pull up beside a Mustang or an Eclipse at a red light in my 99 OBS and the driver sees my hood scoop and assumes turbo Subaru and races accordingly. Me--I don't care. I'll race anything off the red light, but I know some of these gotta think "Those turbo Subarus aren't crap" when I floor it.

Anyway, saw this on eBay for the first time. Sorry if it's been discussed before. Thought it would make the perfect companion to my closed off hood scoop. :bot:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__Fake-Turbo-Whistler-Whistle-Blow-Off-Valve-BOV-Sound_W0QQitemZ250299434687QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2865QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250299434687&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A2%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

(No, I'm not serious. This falls in the same category as the fake convertible top.)

·
JBCUSTOMS
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
2,486 Posts
so it is like a kazoo for your tail pipe? Thats dumb! I'm just gonna record a CD of an Sti ripping through the gears, and play it really loud to make it seem like I have a sti motor!

Brrrroooooom..... Phhhhsssstttt..... Brrrroooooom..... Phhhhsssstttt.....

LOL!

·
Registered
FX45, 2008
1,274 Posts

·
Registered
1999, OBS, Green, EJ22
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, if whoever invented that thing makes more money off it than I earn, I'm just gonna hang myself. You know, the bull scrotom guy probably lives in a mansion by now...

·
Registered
2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
7 Posts
Me and several other subaru buddies were making fun of a civic with one of those the other day. Now we can make fun of you too.

·
Registered
MY99 OBS
1,690 Posts
i like how this one sounds

dang i am thinking about buying one as a gag gift, but damn its a waste of money and i don't want to support who ever thought of this crap lol.

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,236 Posts
Holy crap... that would be funny as hell to sneak into the pipe of someones car as they pull to the launch gate an an AutoX event. Imagine all the course workers faces as this car screams... uh.. squeals past them.

·
Registered
1999, OBS, Green, EJ22
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Holy crap... that would be funny as hell to sneak into the pipe of someones car as they pull to the launch gate an an AutoX event. Imagine all the course workers faces as this car screams... uh.. squeals past them.

I thought the same thing--secretly stick on someone's pipe and confuse the heck out of them when they hear it. If it happened to me it wouldn't be as funny though...

bulletproof, I don't think anyone here was seriously going to install one on their Sube.

·
Registered
MY99 OBS
1,690 Posts
^^ :lol: you need to learn how to embed the link. [youtube ]embed copy paste[ /youtube] so we don't have to open up another tab. lol i forgot all about bub rub and lil sis "wooowoooo" :lol: i think i am going to buy one just to put on my coworkers car when we go buy food for lunch, "i didn't know you have turbo!!!" coworker "wtf is that sound, damn my car sounds cool" me":lol:"

·
Registered
MY99 OBS
1,690 Posts
:lol: i couldn't resist, i see too many funny opportunities with this. I will try to record whatever pranks i pull on my friends with this BOV! I wonder how it would sound on a CBR600 :).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts