Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
MY16 Impreza Sport Limited
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my gf just moved in with me, all the way from Boston and she wants me to do some mods to her car, along with fixing it up.

Vehicle: 1997 Toyota Camry LE V6 a/t with 117k miles on it. She got it for $1500 from an old friend of ours that was leaving for the Army.

It needs a new rear bumper, 2 new side mirrors, front bumper needs fixing and I just replaced her drivers side exterior door handle. Headlights need revamping (foggy as shit), and a new o2 sensor.

Current mods:
Weapon R short ram intake
Sony XPLOD head unit
philips crystal vision bulbs
All Red tails

Potential Mods:
Clear Corners
lowering springs
factory spoiler
25% tint
redo door cards & headliner with black & pink plaid
pink calipers
new chrome badges
17x7 Lexus IS300 5 spoke wheels
Complete Gloss black respray

My plan is to take this ugly family sedan and morph it into something a little more sporty and fun looking. should be fun :) . She loves pink, so we're going to do everything we can to incorporate black & pink into the theme of the car.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

previous owner plastered the broken mirror on :wtf:

foggy headlights

work in progress, but they're getting better

Weapon R short ram w/ crappy stupid filter

Weapon R short ram w/ updated spectre cone filter

Clear corners, soon to come

a little atittude :banana:

stay tuned with more to come!

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
so i broke one of the interior door handles and recently fixed it in under 10 minutes :)

then with my spare time I did a little modding :)

All red tail lights makes it looks much more simple and clean, but I need to do the center pieces because the new red on the corners is a bit darker. That'll have to wait until the weekend and hopefully I can install her chrome badges and get rid of those ugly gold ones!

Before

After

Before

After

more to come with the exterior and the interior :banana:

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Finishing the tail lights this weekend, and her new side view mirrors came in this week, those will go on tomorrow and we upgraded her headlights from crappy regular ones to Philips CrystalVision bulbs. Hello brightness!

Low Beams

High Beams

·
Registered
2001 BRP 2.5rs
1,206 Posts
I honestly just wouldn't mod this car... not really worth it lol.

Buuut, that's just my opinion. "Modding" a Camry will likely most of the time turn out ricer-ish. Keep it simple.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Trust me I pushed for a L when she was looking for another car, but this was coming from a friend for almost no money. It's reliable & great on gas, so she's not complaining.

As for now I'm only trying to fix it back up. Idk if you guys know me but fast is not what I go for, so I have no other plans for the motor or performance. i do however would like to lower it, make it less of a boat and keep it quite simple.

Changing the gold badges to factory chrome ones, clear corners, a new rear bumper, some tint, a factory spoiler and some toyota or lexus 16s or 17s and call it a day. Nothing crazy, but it's an ugly car and plus it's not my money :lol:

here's an idea of what we're going for

·
Registered
07 2.5i
1,189 Posts
My mom has this car...thing still runs like fucking new. Its the most quiet and comfortable thing I've ever been inside of

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did a couple aesthetic mods today. I painted the grille on the Gen 4 camry black, also ghosted the rear badges. Meaning, I painted the words TOYOTA & CAMRY in black along with the main Toyota logo, and then I am still in the process of removing the V6 & LE badges to clean up the rear.

Also did more work on the foggy headlights and realigned one of the corners that was crooked as hell. Check out some pictures!

in the process

Badges before. Yucky gold

After (like i said, still in the process of removing the LE & the V6 badges removed but it was getting dark, so i called it quits for the night)

headlights are looking a lot better the more and more I work with them.

Cheers!

·
Registered
99'RS w/EJ205, 16'340i 13'Volt
969 Posts
my friend in college had a camry that he "fixed" up. he used the older north american touring car series as motivation. i remember people making fun of him because it was a camry just like some of the responses in this thread but i'll say the same thing to you that I did to him - people fix up accords all the time, and no one questions them. its no different with a camry. keep it simple and tasteful.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well we are keeping the car. There were a couple Subaru's we looked at but they fell through.

So onwards and upwards. She finally got 20% tint for the car and it looks amazing! I call it the Merc Mobile haha, she ordered new headlights. So those will be here soon. Probably gonna get her some clear corners, & a factory spoiler too. We're going to start working on the interior as well.

mmm dark, freshly laid tint

I was also able to get her a new rear bumper from the junkyard. Same color, just not as faded and no huge crack across the top!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts