Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I have considered it, one of our customers is a patent lawyer so it wouldn't be that difficult I think.

On the other hand, I still don't have a product to mass produce/sell yet so the idea of starting a business is not currently in the forefront of my thoughts.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,991 Posts
Heres that under guard i made

Mocked up the under guard, going to cut it tomorrow and try to bend it in a siding brake so i hope its thin enough. Ill try the lift arm dimple die too. FYI a 4' by 3' sheet fits wheel to wheel, rad support to cross member with a little extra.

So i tried the lift arm method, wasnt enough weight so i stood on it. That wasnt enough weight, so i threw all the heavy things in the garage on top. That wasnt enough, so i decided just to lower the whole car onto it, which worked like a charm.

Trimmed some corners a bit, bent the sides and front up, all thats left is some rivnuts for the rad support and a few dimple dies around the thing and its just about done.

Theres about 5-6mm of gap from the pan, a little more at the crossmember. Should be enough space to keep it from rattling if it vibrates a bit.

I finished up the guard last night, it'd be really cool to have one water/laser cut for clean edges as this looks ok but not having even edges/corners bothers me. I threw a STI sticker on it to distract from one of the bends not being even. It works and doesnt rattle.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,713 Posts
Who's gonna see it? Looks great. Now make one for the trans.

My goal is to have the entire under body skinned.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,991 Posts
I told the guy i got it from i wanted to do a whole flat bottom and he said i was crazy. This stuff is fairly heavy though, id use alumalite or something like that which has a sandwhich core.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,713 Posts
I would do a poly bottom. Maybe rivet lips in front to direct the flow like below, except the dash line would continue forward up to the \ and no gap. Limited characters lol

\_-----
I'm using Aluminum under the engine and trans then skinning the bottom with HDPE.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts