Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 448 Posts

·
Registered
09 Tacoma
627 Posts
havent posted in here for a while...

noob question.
will 02-07 strut tower braces fit my GC?
minor modification (drilling new holes) to the braces would be ok.

·
Registered
2008 impreza 2.5i
1 Posts
Ok so i just bought an 08 impreza and i am sure that if i look around enough i can find the answer, but suspension wise can wrx parts swap right on?

·
Registered
2004, Subaru Impreza RS, Black
54 Posts
Thanks. This list is helpful.

Is there anyway to tell if the timing belt has been changed? Just picked up a '04 Sub Imp RS with 162K and not mechanical history. Thinking I might just do the job anyway.

·
Registered
1999, Impreza L Wagon. Black
6 Posts
Awesome.
Glad I didn't need to ask all those questions.
I just bought my first Subaru. A 99' Impreza Wagon. Needs a lot of work and I need all the help I can get so I'm glad to be a member here.

Thanks Again.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Can't seem to find answer for this on search...my low beams are too low? Can I use another bulb type to make them brighter?

·
Registered
09 Tacoma
627 Posts
ok i have another noob question.

if im wanting to swap a USDM EJ205 into my RS, do i need to notch my stock crossmember, or get a turbo crossmember?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
ok i have another noob question.

if im wanting to swap a USDM EJ205 into my RS, do i need to notch my stock crossmember, or get a turbo crossmember?
either one will work. I notched mine when I did my swap. I ran it with no reinforcement for almost a year. I finally broke down and fabbed up a nice patch for it and did it right.

turbo cross member is easier but I was low on cash and own a miller 251 and a plasma

·
Registered
15 Posts
  • if you own a coupe or sedan, no your rear seats do not fold down. only wagon seats fold
So what would I call the action my 96 sedan's rear seats do when I pull the strap on the back that makes the back part of the rear seat's go forward face into the but part of the seat? lol they're 60/40 as well, but have a feeling I may be missing an inside joke etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Probably a silly question, but has anyone started a facebook site for this forum? That could be fun!

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5 spd
2 Posts
I have a question, its one that many answers have been given to me. I'm a noob but I love my 06 and have been doing some upgrades. So down to it: what size speakers fit in an 06 Impraze sedan? I've heard from 5.25" and 6.5" and inbetween. I have I believe 5.25" in my back doors and 5.5" in my front doors. Both Infinitis. (Its been a while I'll look back at my boxes to make sure) But they never fit right. I think a chart of the year of car and size speaker would be a good thing to add to your list of new answers. lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there! Because I'm new, I guess I would classify myself as an "Official Noob". I have a 2005 Subaru RS with the 2.5 liter engine. I love it. Except I want to put some mods to it. Nothing crazy, but probably something along the lines of new exhaust and cold air intake (something to increase my HP and torque). Is there any other options (lower the price, the better) besides these that make my Silver Sube a little bit quicker? Would the stock STI exhaust system fit on my RS? And would it sound similar to an STI? Thanks!!!

121 - 140 of 448 Posts