Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

421 - 440 of 467 Posts

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
okay so i just got a 2001 rs i was wondering without all the big wording could i build my ej25 block into a ej257 ?
Nope.

You could by a 257, but the different casting is what makes it a 257 instead of a regular ej25.

·
Premium Member
98 2.5RS - V2 WRX Swap
1,669 Posts
okay so i just got a 2001 rs i was wondering without all the big wording could i build my ej25 block into a ej257 ?
Short answer - No.

However, guys have used EJ25D or EJ251 blocks for boosted builds. Here's one example, lots of good info.

All that having been said...Swapping remains the most economical option for power improvement.

·
Registered
00' 2.5RS
4 Posts
What are everyones thoughts on STI decals on a car even if it is not entirely an STI? I have v6 STI front fenders/bumper on my 00 rs and i have a STI decal on the rear. Does this get me a bad rap? I do feel a little bit ashamed as it is not a true STI

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,
Been a member of Toronto subaru club for 4 years and figured I would join here to maybe find more stuff for my 2009 wrb impreza hatch. I am doing currently getting my engine replaced. I spun a bearing after 260,000. From what I hear that's a pretty good life for a motor.

·
Registered
99/00 subaru impreza 2.5 RS
1 Posts
99-00 cross over Rs

factory decal on the both side bottom rail say's SCP sport compact pro, I have looked at hundreds of same yr 2000's and have yet to see this decal on any of them, any thoughts or ideas on this.? have a picture but not sure how to add it,

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,175 Posts
^^Please don't bring your "gc8 owners club" nonsense here.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'99 RBP RSTi Coupe
203 Posts
idk if you are referring to me, but im actually genuinely curious if its an actual GC8 or not. I do not know of this club you speak of.

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,175 Posts
idk if you are referring to me, but im actually genuinely curious if its an actual GC8 or not. I do not know of this club you speak of.
Consider yourself lucky. My apologies for misinterpreting the intentions of your post.

·
Registered
1995 Impreza GCF
8 Posts
Motor swap Advice needed!!

Hello all im from phoenix area!!
jus picked up a 96 coupe awd 2.2l
looking at a 95 K-series motor out of a sti i guess? it has a red manifold and im payin 1100 for it whic seems fair? idk lol
jus looking for some input, i plan to pay a shop out here dont have the resources to currently swap myself...but

will that motor be an easy swap into a 96? comes with ECU and harness

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all i'm from the east tn area, I just bought an '07 2.5I. It has about 130k on it.
It's my first subaru, i've wanted one since I discovered rally racing years ago.
My plans are to do lots of suspension and chassis work, no crazy engine swaps or turbos. When I drove it away after buying it I was really surprised at how fast it was. Yes I bought it without even test-driving it (The owner was a good friend and keeps things well maintained).
I put new shifter bushings in it last night but the overall floppyness is coming from somewhere else. I'm trying to get it in proper running condition before i start with the aftermarket parts. (coilovers, braces, etc.)
Anyways this place is a wealth of information. Thanks.

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Cpe
8 Posts
If people don't want to pay 900 bucks for Borla Headers for a 99 RS GM Auto. Can I just get any eBay UEL headers and wrap them? Any advice is appreciated!

421 - 440 of 467 Posts