Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

401 - 420 of 458 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
super noob!! hello guys my name is Cody and i am a subaholic.
no i have had my 06 wrx wagon for 2 1/2 years. she has been my favorite car yet.

but... she got wreaked.... :( i got hit on the passenger side, the worst part of it all is i didnt have insurance and it was my fault. so no pay out on the car. was like 6 in the morning going to work half asleep i didnt see the red....

the picture dose not so justice, its really bad. but still runs and drives.

next best option??

a rolling chassis!!!!
I will be picking her up in the morning.
going to be doing a 100% swap over shells.
im super excited but super nervous. i have been wrenching for about 5 years now but still.
so any pointers?
or if anyone know witch write up is the best?

anyways thanks for letting me be here and excited to meet everyone!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
How much is a fair price for a 2001 rs with leather, gauge cluster, sunroof, and SPT exhaust. It does have paint fade on the front bumper, hood, roof, and trunk. It has 87K on the clock. The person selling it is an older lady that I've known for years and don't want to rip off. KBB says 3K, I think that's a lil low. Any advice?

·
Registered
Impreza Brighton 2.2
8 Posts
How much is a fair price for a 2001 rs with leather, gauge cluster, sunroof, and SPT exhaust. It does have paint fade on the front bumper, hood, roof, and trunk. It has 87K on the clock. The person selling it is an older lady that I've known for years and don't want to rip off. KBB says 3K, I think that's a lil low. Any advice?
If you want to be generous, I've got a bridge. :cool:http://www.rs25.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
Impreza Brighton 2.2
8 Posts
Can you swap a sti engine into a 2.5 rs?
You'll need an assistant with mechanical knowledge and someone with cooking skills. Don't make any other plans or commitments for at least two months if you're a nubie. Other than that hire someone to do the marrying of the harness, that part can and will stump you. Good luck.

PS: Everything costs something, is it worth it is the question.:sunny:http://www.rs25.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
98 Outback Legacy color=dirty
1 Posts
Looking for a mechanic in the Denver area, what better place than the noob thread ;)

I'm still working on the search functions so I'm sorry for posting like this !!

***edit; can someone point me to the outback/legacy forum? I must be stoned here because I cannot find it :banghead:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello There! I have a 1998 Impreza RS lil over 100,000. It has not been driven in almost 3 years. Problem was the gas filer neck was rusted. I had help getting it off and I replaced it. Problem is muffler is rusted out. Now I just want to go all out and replace all the pipes underneath.
Since I am no mechanic would these products complete it all?

TSUDO N1 98-05 Subaru Impreza RS 2.5L Catback Exhaust Subaru WRX STI performance parts, Buy Subaru Parts from ERZperformance.com
Tsudo UEL 98-05 Subaru Impreza RS Header with flow Cat outlet performance parts, Buy Mini Cooper Parts from ERZperformance.com

Anything else I am missing? I obviously wont be installing this, a Subaru mechanic that my wife found will install this.

·
Registered
95 Impreza EJ swap im process
2 Posts
ok, so, im not a newbie, but other account was removed.. but any who, if anyone has the wiring diagram for a 95 impreza(lights) and the 05 WRX harness(lights) that would be GREATLY appreciated..
HELP!

·
IwannadrivelikeBunta
'98 RSTi, '10 LGT, '17 FXT
3,627 Posts
Hello There! I have a 1998 Impreza RS lil over 100,000. It has not been driven in almost 3 years. Problem was the gas filer neck was rusted. I had help getting it off and I replaced it. Problem is muffler is rusted out. Now I just want to go all out and replace all the pipes underneath.
Since I am no mechanic would these products complete it all?

TSUDO N1 98-05 Subaru Impreza RS 2.5L Catback Exhaust Subaru WRX STI performance parts, Buy Subaru Parts from ERZperformance.com
Tsudo UEL 98-05 Subaru Impreza RS Header with flow Cat outlet performance parts, Buy Mini Cooper Parts from ERZperformance.com

Anything else I am missing? I obviously wont be installing this, a Subaru mechanic that my wife found will install this.
Yes, that would replace all the exhaust piping from the engine.

401 - 420 of 458 Posts