Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

281 - 300 of 448 Posts

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Red
4 Posts
Noob in the hood :D

I bought a clean bone stock 98 2.5 rs one owner, i owned different brands before but never a subaru so im pretty new with this type of car. Im looking to learn more about it and get some good tips.

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum!

Are you looking for any specific information? This thread alone answers a lot of general information but I know scanning through 29 pages isn't the most efficient way to find answers.

Feel free to ask general questions in this thread, but for everything else, you should utilize the search function. Google, a lot of times, will route you to the right thread in this forum also. "Stickied" threads are a good reference too.

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Red
4 Posts
I have an intermittent engine check light, it started to show up when the cold weather hit the east coast but stays on for a few days and then goes away for a few. Any ideas what could it be??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi my name is Dan, im 35 enjoy long walks on the beach and cuddling next to an open fire.
I just purchased a high mileage but well maintained 2001 2.5 rs sedan.
seems to be all stock except the intake, muffler, and short shifter.

·
Registered
2001 rs
17 Posts
Whats up names jordan drrive a 01 impreza rs always been into trucks but switched to driving a subar I love it just ready fora new engine and get this car clean

·
Registered
98 Red OBS
268 Posts
Sup Guys New 96lx owner. Had a 2002 wrx but sold it. Got this little bad boy now as a dd. Im looking to upgrade the headers and full exhaust but only seem to find for RS models. Will they work on the lx? My only mods are a K&N drop in filter, Front strut bar and a fart can that came with the car.

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
Sup Guys New 96lx owner. Had a 2002 wrx but sold it. Got this little bad boy now as a dd. Im looking to upgrade the headers and full exhaust but only seem to find for RS models. Will they work on the lx? My only mods are a K&N drop in filter, Front strut bar and a fart can that came with the car.
Your LX most likely has single port exhaust heads so, no, RS headers will not work but there are single port headers floating around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys I've owned too many cars to count but I just bought my first Subaru. I absolutely love it. It's a 98 Subaru impreza rs. Located in Bakersfield California and looking forward to get familiar to local people that have the same interest in a subaru as now do

·
Registered
'01 BRP GM6
373 Posts
Hey guys I've owned too many cars to count but I just bought my first Subaru. I absolutely love it. It's a 98 Subaru impreza rs. Located in Bakersfield California and looking forward to get familiar to local people that have the same interest in a subaru as now do
well i haven't owned subies for my entire life, had/have my first one for the past year, regardless, welcome to the community..!
got called a 'noob' today on a thread, it made me giggle, so decided to check out the 'noob' thread, which i liked, actually lol :p thanks for the info, over here!

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All!

I am aspiring to become a Subaru owner one of these days. I have spent about the last 8 months doing a beginner project by making a USDM Mirage look like an EVO IV and adding some light performance upgrades. I have sunk enough money into that pit and leaving it with stock engine as a daily driver.

I am hoping to find a solid 98-01 GC car as a project.

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
welcome :) you will always find more satisfaction in an subaur than a mitsubishi :lol: and the best thing is even the cheapest ones come in awd :D

good luck on your search!

·
Registered
1997, Impreza, cyan
8 Posts
impreza 1997

I bought a subaru impreza 1997, not WRX, or STI, what is the engine of 1997? I'm sorry I am to noob. :( I really want to post the picture of the engine. I hava also used the search button for engine swapping but I cant determine which engine I have.

·
Registered
2001 2.5 rs coupe. silver
7 Posts
I bought a subaru impreza 1997, not WRX, or STI, what is the engine of 1997? I'm sorry I am to noob. :( I really want to post the picture of the engine. I hava also used the search button for engine swapping but I cant determine which engine I have.
If it's a regular impresa L, its gonna be a single cam 2.2L. But if its a impresa rs it's gonna be a single cam 2.5L.

·
Registered
1997, Impreza, cyan
8 Posts
Its a 2.2 L. Like amoore said, RS's didn't even come out until 98.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Is it an AWD car? whats the best intake for this model, because I googled injen air cold intake and it doest seem to support 1997 impreza.

281 - 300 of 448 Posts