Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I purchased my RS a month ago from a dealer and finally found the original owner. In the past week, I have gotten quite a bit of info from him. Here is my car in a nutshell.

1999 RS equipped with an early Rimmer Sidewinder Supercharger (2087 Autorotor twin screw)
The kit is set at 10 psi (makes 8 psi in Colorado)
Upgraded clutch
Unorthodox lightweight crank pulley
Spark plugs one heat range cooler
Upgraded fuel pump
BEGI rising rate fuel pressure regulator
Twin core Laminova intercooler (front mount)
Heat exchanger
K and N air filter
Eaton bypass valve

My question is this: What is the next step? I am not looking to shoot flames out the exhaust or anything here. I want a quick ride to work, but more importantly I want to get many years of trouble free driving out of my Impreza.

All input and comments are welcome!

Thanks!
-Chris
www.shamrockmotorsports.com/Impreza.htm

·
Registered
613 Posts
you buy arg's car? is it blue? you scored if you got arg's car he took care of it. edit; n , that's not arg's car. boy is that clean! nice setup! welcome aboard. obtw can you shave down the blower pulley a smidge to get a tad more boost? my local machine shop cuts for about 30 dollars. i had two more made for about 75 each. and gask-a-cinch is the best belt dressing to fight slip. a little dab'll do ya!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What size injectors?

It is a great car. I love it and it is in perfect condition. Psss, the car belonged to a guy who worked for Rick Rimmer here in Colorado. This was one of the first cars out of their shop.

I REALLY appreciate the "gask-a-cinch" suggestion. I have really bad slip problems when the car is cold. Where can I get some?

I appreciat all the help!
-Chris

·
Registered
613 Posts
550cc on up. gask-a-cinch can be had at napa or one of the major parts chains. it is a small can with an applicator brush inside on the cap. it has a girl on the label that looks like she should be nose art on a b-29 good luck and kick rick rimmer in the nuts for me!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Good find man!

That must of been interesting, coming across a supercharged RS at the dealer. How many miles does the car have on it?

Any pics?

Graham

1 - 8 of 8 Posts